cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to virgin 360

redmond175
Tuning in

This is for virgin media moderator

We tried to upgrade online with the option to pay £24.95 and keep your existing contract and just get new remotes. When clicking it states it cannot be done online (even though you have given that option) and we have to ring. 

Here is where the customer service was a joke. We were speaking (not on hold) to an agent in India for 45 minutes and all they wanted to do was sell new contracts to us. Every time we said no they would offer a different contract.  They did not seem to understand (or want to) that we just wanted to pay the one off fee and keep our contract as is. In the end we had to just hang up. 

Is there any way to upgrade without having to ring as your online link is not working for this option?

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What makes you think it's an upgrade? Is there a particular reason you want the upgrade?

Because it states it’s an upgrade and we need a new remote as one has stopped working so thought we would upgrade at the same time. 

“Choose how to upgrade

Select an offer to start a new contract for 18 months and pay no upgrade fee
£0.00
Virgin TV 360 upgrade fee

Your products and monthly cost will depend on the offer you choose. Just click Proceed at the bottom of this page to browse our offers.

Stay on your current deal
£24.95
Virgin TV 360 upgrade fee

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Marketing is responsible for a lot of dubious claims - just because an advert says something is better doesn't automatically mean it is.

I recommend you do some research into the 360 platform - it is substantially different to TiVo/V6. Whilst it does have some new functionality, it also misses some that you may use.

Decide on a migration on an informed basis, you can't revert if you change your mind. If it's just a replacement remote you need, you can order one online here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks