cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to virgin 360

Anonymous
Not applicable

So being trying to upgrade my TV V6 boxes to 360 without any success at all spoken to 5 agents over 2 departments so before I give sky the go ahead to install sky q which I don't really want to do I thought I'd give this a go so I have 3 x V6 boxes and told a special team has to contact me or I ring them and arrange the remotes for the upgrade just simple remotes and a upgrade to the boxes being passed from pillor to post and as a ex member of staff I'm shock by the lack of knowledge regarding a new amazing product can anyone shed any light on this thanks 

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

What would I be missing so far all the stuff can see makes it better or am I missing something 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a few threads on this subject so I won't over-do those, but the recording & series-link capabilities on the 360 are currently far more basic than what the TiVo-platform (which powers the TiVo & V6) provides.

Series links are single-channel only, where the TiVo lets you specify multiple channels and select HD/SD options. Some people miss the undelete function if you accidentally delete a recording. TiVo/V6 lets you set a series-link from any EPG entry or VoD asset, on 360 the programme needs to be in the EPG (i.e due for broadcast in the next fortnight) in order to set one.

QuickView (never saw the point myself, but each to their own), All-4 streaming app, a couple of other things that you'll lose out on for now.

They're all things that I dare say can be improved with time, but I'd just suggest that you request any migration on an informed basis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow I might just leave it they didn't say anything like this at all they told me I'd loose my recordings but I'm good with that as can watch them before hand but the series link think why would they go backwards I give up with them arghhh if it wasn't for the boardband I wouldn't be with them tbh 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi mbks1981,

You can have a maximum of three TV360 boxes on your account . 

Info from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

There are lot's of little titbits there about how the 360 functions and it also highlights some of the differences.

Every users experience is unique to themselves.  I am really pleased with my 360's, although I never used all the bells and whistles that were available on the TIVO/V6 boxes, so I can't say the differences have affected me.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dave 

• How did you get your 3 boxes where you a new customer or old upgrading I'm really struggling with them never known anything like it 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again mbks1981,

I  am an old customer with 2 V6 boxes which were both upgraded to the 360 Horizon software, so I also have the recording facility on both boxes.

i'm not sure but think you may need an engineer visit for 3 boxes so they can check the power levels etc.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi mbks1981,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with upgrade to our new box. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see you spoke with the team in the last few days. 

To confirm did the agent you spoke with confirm why specifically why you couldn't have all 3 boxes upgraded?

^Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Martin 

Im still no further forward something to do with the fact my account is a Oooopmh account and they can't do it from there end 

Im begining to loose all faith tbh 

Any help you can provide would be great 

Thanks 

Marcus 

@Anonymous wrote:

Dave 

• How did you get your 3 boxes were you a new customer or old upgrading I'm really struggling with them never known anything like it 

I also have 3 360 boxes.  These were replacements for 3 V6 boxes but are a main and 2 minis (i.e. my hardware was completely swapped).  Tbis was done via the dedicated 360 team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I keep getting told but no one can out me in touch with them and I'm loosing all hope