cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to virgin 360

Anonymous
Not applicable

So being trying to upgrade my TV V6 boxes to 360 without any success at all spoken to 5 agents over 2 departments so before I give sky the go ahead to install sky q which I don't really want to do I thought I'd give this a go so I have 3 x V6 boxes and told a special team has to contact me or I ring them and arrange the remotes for the upgrade just simple remotes and a upgrade to the boxes being passed from pillor to post and as a ex member of staff I'm shock by the lack of knowledge regarding a new amazing product can anyone shed any light on this thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi mbks1981,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with upgrade to our new box. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see you spoke with the team in the last few days. 

To confirm did the agent you spoke with confirm why specifically why you couldn't have all 3 boxes upgraded?

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

@Anonymous wrote:

Dave 

• How did you get your 3 boxes were you a new customer or old upgrading I'm really struggling with them never known anything like it 

I also have 3 360 boxes.  These were replacements for 3 V6 boxes but are a main and 2 minis (i.e. my hardware was completely swapped).  Tbis was done via the dedicated 360 team.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why do you want to move to the 360 version?  The TiVo powered V6 has better features than the 360 currently offers.

Have a good look through this forum before making a final decision.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

One my friends has it and looks amazing and sad they didn't let existing customers aware of new products and was thinking of moving to sky due to the talk to remote function etc until now I didn't think virgin was getting any where near but seems they are slowly just wish the staff new about it 

The V6 is way ahead of the 360 on functionality. The 360 looks good but it is very basic. I'm waiting until I'm forced to go to the 360 in the hope that VM will have added all of the missing functions.

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

The V6 is way ahead of the 360 on functionality. The 360 looks good but it is very basic. I'm waiting until I'm forced to go to the 360 in the hope that VM will have added all of the missing functions.

+1 ditto on all points. 

Doudar
Fibre optic

I upgraded to TV 360 using webchat, was quick and easy.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on live chat and due to the fact I have 3 x V6 boxes they said they couldn't do it and tech support had to rang them and they said customer care had too rang them and got no were at all I have since now logged a complaint online let's see if I get any where that way just a joke really 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

I went on live chat and due to the fact I have 3 x V6 boxes they said they couldn't do it and tech support had to rang them and they said customer care had too rang them and got no were at all I have since now logged a complaint online let's see if I get any where that way just a joke really 

Unless things have changed recently the TV360 version has a limit of two boxes.

If you already have 3 V6 boxes this possibly explains the difficulty you are having.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've even said I'm willing to get rid of one of the boxes only reason I haven't in the past as it made min difference in my package cost they just don't seem to be listening and rather play pass the book on what is a simple upgrade

@Anonymous wrote:

...how ironic that you have put in a complaint - once you switch to the 360, you'll be back here complaining how bad it is and all the stuff you've lost (all your recordings + many of the TiVo features of the V6).

And no, you can't switch back.....