cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Virgin 360

Shuffler
Tuning in

Hi all . I have had to upgrade to the new 360 box a few days ago and it is a nightmare. 
Have lost a lot of apps, live tv buffers and freezes. Recorded programme’s are unplayable. Internet in all devices ( phones, radio, Amazon Alexa etc ) keeps constantly dropping out .

So this is an UPGRADE .

Will be phoning again tomorrow to get this removed as at the moment I can’t get through. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you checked service issues for your area? It could be that you have just struck unlucky.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shuffler wrote:

Hi all . I have had to upgrade to the new 360 box a few days ago and it is a nightmare. 
Have lost a lot of apps, live tv buffers and freezes. Recorded programme’s are unplayable. Internet in all devices ( phones, radio, Amazon Alexa etc ) keeps constantly dropping out .

Will be phoning again tomorrow to get this removed as at the moment I can’t get through. 

You can't get 360 removed - once you've converted, there's no going back. So let's try to fix your issues... Taking the internet issues - post those in the broadband section of the forum with some more details. You're likely to get a better answer there, and this won't have anything to do with 360.

You've mentioned issues with live TV buffering - this is odd, buffering is usually an internet speed thing, and live TV doesn't use the internet. Can you explain what's happening, and whether any specific channel(s) are affected?

The more detail you give, the better we can help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry , it’s BBC i player and Amazon prime .When watching top gear on iPlayer , 30 mins in you just get a spinning circle constantly. 
Watching Amazon prime it keeps freezing .I never had any problems with the V6 box!

I have reset the box and hub several times each day so far !

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get the same problems with standard OnDemand programmes, accessed via the EPG? That's a good test of the box's internet connection.

And on that subject - how is your 360 connected to your homehub, for that is how it connects to the internet. Is it wired or wireless?

With the iPlayer, I'd certainly recommend recording any programmes you know you'll want to watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

When I go to catch up or app etc I get the message 

“sorry , some services are temporarily unavailable. We’re working hard to fix the issue .please try again later!

Sorry , I’m using Ethernet cable . Hard wired 

Have you checked service issues for your area? It could be that you have just struck unlucky.

Came home tonight to find two red arrows on the front of VM box?

I have reset vm and hub 4 on numerous occasions???

Well eventually got through to VM. Nothing they can do at their end .Going to send an engineer tomorrow. Really really regret getting this . They wouldn’t let me keep my v6 box which was perfect. Will see what happens after engineer has a look.**bleep** right off!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shuffler wrote:

Well eventually got through to VM. Nothing they can do at their end .Going to send an engineer tomorrow. Really really regret getting this . They wouldn’t let me keep my v6 box which was perfect.

It doesn't help the OP in this thread, and there's nothing can be done there - but it's worth pointing out that conversions to 360 are wholly voluntary.

It's only new TV customers who don't get a choice - existing TiVo/V6 users are quite free to remain so and are not being forced.