cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from V6 to 360: Error MA1/4/30

daveo77
Dialled in

Received new 360 remote lunchtime, tried to run the 360 upgrade in the V6 menu, and it came back 'Upgrade failed. Error MA1/4/30'.

Tried multi reboots, even switched from wired too wireless and still no luck.

Using my own router with DNS set to OpenDNS and hub in modem mode.

I've not tried switching hub back to router mode yet.

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @daveo77 

Someone more knowledgable on routers can comment on, " own router with DNS set to OpenDNS and hub in modem mode" as this might be affecting the update.

However this error has occurred a few times in the past.

Some posters have been able to complete the regrade by turning off the V6 for 5 minutes or rebooting the V6.

Others have had success by deleting a few recordings to free up space.

If that doesn't work it's possible that it's a settings issue at the VM end. The software upgrade has been done, just the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to activate the box. .

They may be able to fix it over the phone, if not it may need an engineer visit.

You could try  calling 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

You will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Or you can wait here for a day or two to see if a member of the Forum Team can pick this up for you

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

There's no recordings on the box, as I've watched them and deleted them.

VM via phone said everything is fine their end. They also said using my own router and OpenDNS DNS servers is unlikely to be the cause. Tho personally I can't rule this out as when I had the V6 installed originally, it took weeks to get it to activate on demand & catch-up services (including 2 box swaps). 

I'm off out at 7pm. Can I completely switch off box before I leave and switch it back on when I return around 11pm?

Have tried putting hub into router mode then connect V6 to hub, reboot and then try to run 360 app, and it still said 'update failed'.

As on today this V6 box is now completely deactivated.

Service Info shows account status as: 8 Account closed.

Phoned VM, they said my account has now moved over to the Horizon/360 service, but that they are unable to force my V6 box to upgrade from Tivo to 360 due to it now not able to access catch-up/on demand/apps/etc.

Any ideas where I go from here ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daveo77 wrote:

Phoned VM, they said my account has now moved over to the Horizon/360 service, but that they are unable to force my V6 box to upgrade from Tivo to 360 due to it now not able to access catch-up/on demand/apps/etc.

So what did they offer in terms of resolution or next steps? Presumably you asked them what happens next - what did they say?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tech booked for tomorrow morning to replace box with a V6 360 box. 

Will hopefully be able to watch what the box would of recorded tonight on catch up via smart tv. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daveo77 wrote:

Tech booked for tomorrow morning to replace box with a V6 360 box.

That's a good outcome, although by means of advice you won't be getting a V6-360 (there's no such thing) as a replacement, you'll get a 360.

Depending on what you're recording tonight, there may be repeat episodes or VoD options available via your new box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Box was swapped out yesterday and now the 360 service is fully working.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @daveo77 

Pleased to hear it's all working now.

Check out this page for finding your way around the 360 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Is there any way to get subtitles on catchup programmes?

Channel 5 has working subtitles, but others don't display any subtitles, even tho I've set subtitles on in 360 settings.