cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Tivo.

Glen1958
Joining in

I have a fault on one of my tivo boxes. As its over 10 years old it will prob need replacing which I assume virgin won't do. How do I go about upgrading to TV 360. I rang 150 but none of the options apply. Went online and went on live chat, but gave up after 30 minutes as no one replied.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Glen1958 

It's currently £49.99 for a box upgrade, however if your Tivo is faulty it will be replaced free of charge for a V6 box.

You need to be subscribing to VM broadband to receive either  a V6 or 360 box.

360 boxes are completely different to the Tivo and V6 boxes. Some  find they are missing a lot of features when switching over and therefore aren't happy with the change. Personally I prefer the 360, but I never used all the features on the older boxes that are missing.

<<< This thread >>>  details some of the differences.

You would need to contact regrades if you still wish to switch from a Tivo to a 360 (or V6)

The best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Replies from the following methods aren't instant, roughly around 4 hours at times, often longer, as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. 

A box switch doesn't usually tie you into a new contract, however the agents may try to encourage yuo to take out  a new deal.

It might be worthwhile hanging fire for a couple of weeks until you receive your price increase letter/email.  The increased prices are due to take effect on either 1st April or 1st may (they are being phased in)

If you wait until then you could probably negotiate a better deal at a discounted price at the same time and ask for a free box swap at the same time.

Whether you decide to ask for the box upgrade now or later use the above contact methods, but choose retentions (thinking of leaving) rather than regrades.  Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Glen1958 

It's currently £49.99 for a box upgrade, however if your Tivo is faulty it will be replaced free of charge for a V6 box.

You need to be subscribing to VM broadband to receive either  a V6 or 360 box.

360 boxes are completely different to the Tivo and V6 boxes. Some  find they are missing a lot of features when switching over and therefore aren't happy with the change. Personally I prefer the 360, but I never used all the features on the older boxes that are missing.

<<< This thread >>>  details some of the differences.

You would need to contact regrades if you still wish to switch from a Tivo to a 360 (or V6)

The best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Replies from the following methods aren't instant, roughly around 4 hours at times, often longer, as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. 

A box switch doesn't usually tie you into a new contract, however the agents may try to encourage yuo to take out  a new deal.

It might be worthwhile hanging fire for a couple of weeks until you receive your price increase letter/email.  The increased prices are due to take effect on either 1st April or 1st may (they are being phased in)

If you wait until then you could probably negotiate a better deal at a discounted price at the same time and ask for a free box swap at the same time.

Whether you decide to ask for the box upgrade now or later use the above contact methods, but choose retentions (thinking of leaving) rather than regrades.  Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for this.

I am virgin broadband so that's not a problem.

I don't mind upgrading to a V6.

When I rang 150 the 4 options were not helpful:

1. is bills and payments, 2. is faults, 3,  is activate new equipment and 4. change your package.

When I pressed 2 they asked for my mobile number so they could send me a text. When I pressed 4 they said they were busy I should send then a text!

What do need to do to speak to a human being?  

Don't press anything and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just be very clear what it is you're wanting here, else you will get a sales pitch.

A V6 runs the exact same software as your TiVo but on a much newer box - the same box as the TV360.

A TV360 has the same physical box as the V6, but the software is very different.

Think of TV360 vs V6 as an Apple vs Android thing, but CS will very easily sell you a migration to TV360 if you give them half a chance. If you haven't done some basic research into TV360, you're probably wise to insist on a V6 - at least for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Glen1958,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with TiVo box.

As a Forum Team we are unable to process any upgrades.

But we can arrange for an engineer to some out and swap the box to a V6.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L