cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade but no option on home screen

Mav1874
Tuning in

I got the option to upgrade to 360TV however it seems to just be a software upgrade of the V6 box. Anyway I've received the new remotes and the Upgrade instructions, which state I need to go to the home page and select 'Upgrade to Virgin TV 360' but there is no such option on my tv homepage. Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think it's on the app screen 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think it's on the app screen 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed, the upgrade is via an app in the apps section.

Thanks folks. I went into the apps but didn't go into all apps. It really needs to be clearer in the instructions guide. 

I have my remotes but there is NO upgrade option in all apps page? What am I missing?

Try turning the box off and back on again via the power switch.. worked for me

Don’t do it 

Agree with Gary06028

thirdbrother3
Joining in

I have had the same issue of no link, but found how to get it. The box the remotes arrive in says 'home screen' no mention of via app (that comes later). If at the bottom of the list when you click Home on the remote it isn't saying upgrade to Virgin TV 360, go to Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media Service now. It will go through the items on its check list, and the final stage will download updates. When finished go back to the Home screen and bottom of the list is the option ' Upgrade to Virgin TV 360 now'.

I did the same on my second box, as a just because. I'm not sure if its best to reboot at this point or leave the box for a while to make sure everything has downloaded and ready. I had the MA1/4/10 error after i was part way through the upgrade, but i think that's probably unrelated