cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade V6 to 360

BKMacC
Tuning in

I called Virgin to see about upgrading my V6 box to 360 and was told I’d be charged an extra £4 a month for the firmware upgrade.

Is that correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No.

A request to convert to TV360 should have no bearing on your package bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No.

A request to convert to TV360 should have no bearing on your package bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks.

Tavis75
Super solver

Also, I'd check the differences between the two systems first. It's not an upgrade but a change of system, like switching from Apple to Android, and you lose a lot of features that are available on the V6, such as undelete, wishlists, series link manager, radio channels and many more.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BKMacC,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the misinformation set for the upgrade, as already clarified the upgrade itself would not affect your monthly rate, have you been able to get this sorted?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi,

Called today about upgrading the firmware to 360.

This time I was told there was a £35 upgrade fee and then a further charge of £24.99.

Thats not right, is it?

Regards,

Brian

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you're on one of the top-tier Volt packagees, then a charge to make the conversion is quite common.

What did the agent tell you the "further charge" was for?

One charge was for the software update and the other, I think, was for the remote.

Can’t say for sure as she was all over the place.

If requesting a move from V6 to 360, what charge(s) should I expect, and what does that cover?

What is the best way to go about switching from V6 to 360?

Also, what charges should I expect?

I have called 150 a few times but I’ve had various responses from an additional charge of £4 a month and £24.99 charge, to 2 charges of £35 and £25. No idea why. Last person left my details with SMS team, with a 5 day callback time.

Safe to say, I have no faith in the call centre staff.