cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade V6 to 360 Questions

ch4rch
On our wavelength

Hi apologies if this has already been answered but I had a search and could not find it.

Can anyone confirm that "Quick View" The function to watch recordings 30% faster exists on the 360 software? I have seen posts on facebook saying it doesn't but the guy that called me today to try and get me to upgrade was 100% sure it did but he also said that there was no way to roll me back if he was wrong.

I watch a lot of sport a few hours after it has happened and quick view is a huge time saver for me and I would hate to lose this feature.

I also fill a lot of hard disk space with sport and I am concerned that the upgrade is going to lose my ability to record on either box (we have 2 v6 boxes) and watch on either.

Anyone that confirm or help my concerns would be much appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19

Royalbeech
Superfast

I can't find a way to activate quick view so would say No at the moment, but that's not to say it won't be added to the software. 

As for recordings, if you have two V6 boxes which run on the TiVo software and migrate to the 360 (Horizon) software, you will keep both and have full recording capabilities on both, so keeping you 2tbye of HDD.

You will receive two new remotes only.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ch4rch,

Quick View isn't available on the 360.

Skip forward plays it fast, you can also say, " fast forward 5 minutes" etc which instantly jumps 5 minutes ahead.

Any V6 boxes that you currently have will receive a software update which will upgrade the box to 360, so you keep the ability to record on either (both) boxes.

Once you have received the new 360 remote(s), an app will appear on the main V6 homepage, or in the all apps folder to perform the upgrade.

The older TiVo boxes will be replaced with new Mini boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Do yourself a favour and keep your V6 for as long as you can.  Funny that the person you called was 100% sure and then caveated their response by saying "if I am wrong". Tells me they weren't 100% sure.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no Quickview on the Horizon software of TV 360. It’s a TiVo function.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ch4rch
On our wavelength

Thanks, yes I dont want to skip/fast forward. I want to watch the entire content with sound just faster like I can on V6. I can watch an entire football match in 60 mins which is great when you are catching up at 11pm.

From what I have read the 360 can play/pause/stop/fastforward/fastrewind and do basic recording.  Everything else is propriety to Tivo and the V6.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ch4rch,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

As mentioned by our community, Quick view is not available on TV360. You can find out more about the available features here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ch4rch
On our wavelength

Thanks for confirming. honestly for me its the best feature of the V6.

We can understand why @ch4rch.

We will pass your feedback to the relevant teams to be looked into.

Please also do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs