cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Tivo6 to Tivo360

Kentrainbuff
Dialled in

Have just upgraded(?) From dual Tivo6 environment to a Tivo360 with secondary box.

First impressions are this does not seem to be an upgrade for following reasons. If some of these are wrong or can be achieved on a Tivo360 then please let me know. Otherwise i feel i have been cheated and instead of an upgrade i have actually got downgraded!

• Tivo360 only gives 2 min pause/rewind of live TV. Tivo6 you could rewind back to start of programme seemingly up to an hour it felt like.
  • Cannot recover deleted programmes on Tivo360.
  • Cannot play at fast pace with audio like Tivo6 has.
  • Cannot edit Series record settings to specifically ignore streaming/reruns or specify a particular series only
  • No ability to see learnt suggestions
  • When in guide can only search programme titles, cannot search channel name to find in list ( very useful on app, missing from new app)
  • No STOP button just play/pause. So to stop and delete recording and return to live TV from a recorded programme have to press BACK button, delete then go to live TV in a messy series of buttons
  • No easy ability to see when programme was first transmitted when looking at info in guide.
  • Reduced ability to explore programme to see other details/series/episodes
  • Unlike dual TIVO6 environment where each is autonomous doing own recordings, if the TIVO360 main box fails (or is say switched off for decorating) then the smaller TIVO360 box cannot record or play recordings as they are on the main box

Am I missing something or is  TIVO6 with APP a much more user friendly environment with more features. I am seriously thinking of asking for my two TIVO6 boxes back.

Regards

Ken

42 REPLIES 42

Thanks Ken,

I’m so fed up with this that I just may go to Sky. As I said, I feel duped and in no way is this an upgrade. 

Another feature I’ve discovered with this upgrade... no radio stations..!!!!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are radio stations.

Press Home and look bottom right.

Also Radioline in Apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Ernie.

PROBLEMS WITH MAIN TIVO360 BOX

Have begun to experience problems on switch on from standby with the main 360 box.

On switchon from standby with TV already on and awaiting input, the Tivo comes on, picture and sound appear but almost immediately will go off. Then over next few seconds picture will appear then disappear. When picture finally appears the sound is missing.

Have disabled one power so TV and Tivo are independent and dont come on together. It happened previously when they were in synch.

Have tried:

• Tv on first, tivo second
  • Tv off, tivo on then tv on
  • Tv on but on freeview, tivo on - wait a while then switch tv to tivo
  • When both on with picture no sound, tv off then on or tivo off then on.

No matter which combination, we always get this picture on, picture off sequence which ends in picture on but no sound.

this just started one evening recently and is now almost certain to happen. Prior to this it worked fine including one power mode.

Tried different hdmi ports on tv no difference.

This does not happen at all with minor Tivo360 and second tv, there is no problems with this set up. Both TVs are 4k Sony.

Thid is becoming very wearisome. Does this sound like the Major Tivo360 box is developing or has developed a fault on start up from standby?

Ken

Has anyone got any pics of the menu interface. Surely it ash to be better than the Tivo6. Surely! lol

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You’ll get an idea here:

https://www.virginmedia.ie/virgintv360support/functions-and-features/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mam2cat
Tuning in

Hi Ken,

just thought I would let you know I’m back on my TiVo 6 boxes..!!!  It took 2 hours 45 minutes over 2 days to sort but it can be done. 

1st call last night 1hour 45 minutes got back all my channels and old recordings quite quickly but nothing else worked. It was after 6pm so the Tivo 360 team were not there so asked to call back this morning.

Called this morning and one hour later my boxes are back in working order. Catch up, on demand, search and discover all back.

They had to add codes back on to the boxes.

Good luck.

M

Hi M. Are you saying to reverted back to V6 software remotely? I would jump at the chance to do the same if I could with my 2 V6 boxes. 

I would also like to revert. Main box is now not playing any recorded programs. Checking the fault code online says you need to ring them. But guess what, no one there! Definitely not happy with this, so called upgrade.