cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpair my 360 remote with my samsung soundbar

Bernie1974
Tuning in

I've paired my virgin 360 remote to my Samsung soundbar, but I want to now UNPAIR it. Is there a certain way to UNPAIR it, as ive followed all the ways on Google and its still working the soundbar volume. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may have misunderstood, I use the 360 remote and that controls the soundbar volume through the TV, the 360 is only paired to the TV.

I don't think there is a easy way of unpairing something to delete it from the 360's history, so what are the problems you have with the 360 paired to the soundbar you have only said that the 360 is controlling the volume, as you haven't said does it still control the volume if you set the volume keys control to your TV or do you want to connect something else.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried changing the volume keys control in settings. Assuming you have tried that it could be your TV controlling the soundbar volume, my 360 shows my old Sony soundbar as an option but TV selected, and I have my LG TV selected to manage the soundbar connected by E-ARC, as everything works I haven't found a need to pair the new LG soundbar.

It's because I've gone onto the " pair remote to audio system " in the virgin box settings and paired it to my soundbar, but I want it unpairing.. 

It's nothing to do with the TV itself. It's to do with the 360 remote, Samsung soundbar and virgin box. 

You may have misunderstood, I use the 360 remote and that controls the soundbar volume through the TV, the 360 is only paired to the TV.

I don't think there is a easy way of unpairing something to delete it from the 360's history, so what are the problems you have with the 360 paired to the soundbar you have only said that the 360 is controlling the volume, as you haven't said does it still control the volume if you set the volume keys control to your TV or do you want to connect something else.

Don't know what I've done but I've sorted it. 

As I went back into the pairing bit on the Audio, but put " NO " to pairing it up, and then continually putting " NO ", which then unpaired it. Plus it seemed to have sorted the volume problem out which was originally rubbish.

Thanks 

To the original poster - I have the same problem trying to unpair my Polk soundbar... no chance you can remember the process you went through (I can't see an option to say 'No'... you say you saw this in your last post?)? Thanks in advance.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi markyp1234, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

To clarify is the remote paired to the soundbar?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi, Kain - yes, it is paired.

But the arrangement is causing all kinds of problems with powering down my soundbar. So I am trying to clear the soundbar from the Settings - there doesn't seem to be any way to delete paired hardware (neither the soundbar nor the TV).

Hi markyp1234,

Thank you for confirming the Remote is paired to your sound bar, is there a way of resetting the sound bar to unpair this?

Regards

Paul.

Paul: hi, and thanks for the suggestion. The Polk Signa S4 has a reset facility, and I can try it - but shouldn't the facility to unpair be built into the V360 interface?