cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninvited Guest in Continue Watching.

thrice
Superfast

In my Continue Watching folder, there is a programme that I finished watching but I am unable to remove. It's Match of the Day on BBC One HD if it's relevant. All of the other programmes have the option to remove them either by the menu beneath the ... button on the remote or via the info screen. This particular programme does not have either and I can't find a way to remove it. Rebooting the box did not correct this. It is not affecting the box or any of its functions but I am a tidy person by nature and it is beginning to annoy me. Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried to remove it using the Virgin TV Go app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, Ernie, but this is getting odder. According to my Virgin TV Go app, I have no programmes in my Continue Watching folder but according to my box(es), I have three - including the uninvited guest. Also, according to the app, I have no programmes in my Watchlist whereas on my box(es) I have eight.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using the same profile?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I changed my profile on the app and found my Continue Watching folder and the rogue programme. There is still no way I can find to delete it. Not via my box(es) nor by the app.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming the recording itself is not there, has been deleted, the only thing you haven’t tried is a factory reset.

roy247
Community elder

Hi thrice,

Are you still able to continue watching Match of the Day or does it give you an error because it's not actually there and all you have is a dead link. If you can start watching it again does it play from recordings or catch-up using iPlayer. If its from recordings watch a couple of minutes, then press back and try deleting from edit recording. If it plays from catch-up let it do the same and then see if you can delete the icon by using the info option.

You may have already tried doing these just trying to think of options so you don't have to do a factory reset again, it's not long since your last one.

Roy

When I click on the programme it plays from BBC iPlayer, Roy. I have played it then fast-forwarded to the end but it remains fixed in my Continue Watching folder on my 360 box(es) as if it's un-watched. It does not appear in the Continue Watching section of iPlayer. The other programmes in the Continue Watching folder all have the delete option beneath the ... button and on their respective info pages but not this one. There is just no option anywhere to remove it.

roy247
Community elder

Looking like another factory reset to remove it.

Or the 4.33 software update. The 4.32 update solved some of my previous problems and/or bugs.