cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall apps

DuncanCorps
Dialled in

I have no interest in running apps on my TV 360. I have a Google Chromecast With Google TV which is far more capable with everything available, which I use for all appy stuff (and is a compelling substitute for Virgin Media TV altogether...).

TV 360 came with a number of preinstalled apps; many I'll never use (I appreciate some customers will), and no sign of ones I might want (like Disney+ or Twitch). How do I uninstall them to reclaim the (probably small, but definitely non-zero) storage they consume? Or bin off the apps feature altogether?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apps on VM's TV boxes don't work like the Android or iOS ecosystem where you can install & deinstall.

All installations and removals are done by Virgin Media centrally - you don't get a say in it at user-level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

DuncanCorps
Dialled in

(it has just occurred to me that having apps on the TV 360 is how it offers "Watch from start" for some programmes on some channels... I guess that makes it difficult-to-impossible to unpick some of them)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apps on VM's TV boxes don't work like the Android or iOS ecosystem where you can install & deinstall.

All installations and removals are done by Virgin Media centrally - you don't get a say in it at user-level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks