cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo delete 360

AnneSmith4
Tuning in

Can deleted programmes be recovered on the 360 box? I can’t find how to & I deleted something by accident 

82 REPLIES 82

I fully agree with your stance. I don't see why anybody would respond to a genuine complaint with nothing more than unhelpful antagonistic opinions. I'm sure some people sit in wait on here just to pounce on anybody that has a differing experience or expectation than their own. 

Just don’t feed the troll 👍

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stan-the-man wrote:

At the moment it's not mandatory, but it will be within months. 

Is complete nonsense.

Here is the official VM stance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I can only speak from my personal experience.

I have discussed this matter with the virgin technical services dept (I actually found a guy that could actually speak English as his first language lol) and he confirmed after speaking with his manager, that "yes all customers will be required to upgrade to the 360 within a 12 month period." 

I requested to have my upgrade reversed/downgraded for the duration of my contract. He explained that at first launch of the 360 it was possible, although a troublesome technical procedure for them, you could go through a downgrade procedure reverting back to the tivo system on the v6 box, however, that option is not now available. I asked if they could send me an old box that had not yet been upgraded to the 360, he said no as it was more complicated than that. Having to use the 360 system would eventually be unavoidable to all.

So I guess I either believe him to be correct or believe the posts found here in the community.

Place your bets lol...

@deans6571 wrote: 

I don't see how 'accidently' deleting things is even an 'issue'?? To delete, you need to highlight the 'trash' icon and then press the OK button on the remote - so that is TWO button presses right there. How can these two button presses be done by 'accident'....??

!¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The confirmation pop-up was introduced as a direct result of the complaints in this thread. It wasn't always there so you could accidentally delete something permanently in ONE button press. Also, when an item is deleted, the 'trash' icon is highlighted for the next item in the list. The natural thing to do is to press OK to play the next episode of a series but instead you found yourself deleting it.

Anyway, the TiVo and V6 software gave you the opportunity to change your mind which is something we lost with the TV 360 making it a retrograde step.

Use the voice feature to search for content with your chosen celeb and then add said content to your Watchlist - 'problem' solved.

Some of the search features we enjoyed previously have been introduced since the original release of the TV 360 software and since this thread was started but many have not. You still don't get the level of information about movies and TV programmes such as cast biographies that we had with TiVo and V6.

Nobody is/has forced you to switch to 360. Do your own research before jumping in head first with little knowledge of what it does/does not do....

Yes I was forced to have a TV 360 box and without my prior knowledge. I was supposed to be getting a V6 to replace my ageing TiVo and I was assured that I could upload my Series Links, Saved Searches etc. from the TiVo and download them to the compatible V6 box. Instead I received a TV 360 box which did not support this facility and which still doesn't have many of the features of my ageing TiVo.

As for "research before jumping in", there was no documentation, nor is there still, other than the hype in the advertising. Nowhere did it say that we would be losing dozens of features from the previous platforms and that other features would be badly implemented. One VM Customer Service person told me that "we don't know anything about them either, we're guinea pigs too!".

So what are you doing here with Virgin then if "Sky can already do all these things so much better and with a far more elegantly sleek system" ?

I have been a customer since the Bell Cable Media days (pre-NTL). I have a high speed broadband package which no other supplier can come close to in my area so Sky would not be an option for me. The ADSL service here has a download speed way below what I have currently with VM and has a sub-1Mb/s upload speed. I actually got some sales people on my doorstep to check it and they soon gave up trying to 'convert' me. I also have other historical objections to using Sky.

Off you go then.

That's just rude! Loyal, long-term VM customers have had sub-standard technology foisted on them without warning and the support that we are getting is appalling. 
Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

Thank you my friend and well said.

Yep. I’m new to virgin so also had no choice of the 360. I knew my family had Virgin do presumed that I would have the same functionality as them. In all of the sign up process was any information given that I would not get the same, and that functionality has been reduced (I naively thought I would get better than them). As Virgin has only just been introduced on my street I couldn’t have joined earlier. Really happy with the broadband - now getting 600mb compared to 60mb with Sky (though having to put hub 3 into Modem mode and buy decent quality router and access points but that’s another story)  The 360 just seems a backward step compared to Sky Q and even to my families V6 / TiVo boxes.  I’m just hoping that it will be fixed with software upgrades (as basically it is a software issue). 

devonman
On our wavelength
Ridiculous! Need to get that sorted ASAP, it’s a backward step and reduced servic.

Totally agree, I thought this was an advancement instead it’s a degradation of features! Needs sorting ASAP!

devonman
On our wavelength

It’s better than losing a recording forever and you used to be able to turn off the checking before deletion.