cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo delete 360

AnneSmith4
Tuning in

Can deleted programmes be recovered on the 360 box? I can’t find how to & I deleted something by accident 

82 REPLIES 82

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No way back. Just learn not to delete stuff you want to keep.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As has been said above though for various reasons it’s easy because of the interface to accidentally delete. It’s about accidentally deleting or someone else deleting. 
As has also been said above, its functionality existing customers of Virgin would expect with older boxes and its functionality that people migrating from Sky would expect. It must have been a conscious design decision not to implement it in the 360 and that makes no sense. At least make it an option to set in preferences then everyone can have their choice. Seems simple. 

Obviously we all try not to delete things we want to keep - that’s fairly obvious and doesn’t need saying, but things happen. 

Stan-the-man
Tuning in

360 is a new system, the very latest technology that is currently available to joe public.  So with that in mind, why are many basic features like: 'undelete' not yet available? Why is it that I can not search for a fav celebrity and have it record anything that they may pop up in, similar to the Tivo wishlist? Why is there no handy movie rating system? they are extremely helpful when planning your recordings.  And that new remote with a backlight that turns off in the blink of an eye lol, what's that all about. 

Now yes there are many great new features that the Horizon software offers us but when the very basics are missing you have to ask yourselves why should I bother to stay with virgin when they themselves cant be bothered with me the customer.  Sky can already do all these things so much better and with a far more elegantly sleek system.  I have been a customer of Virgins from back in the days when it was NTL World and now I am seriously considering joining Sky.

No doubt, they will claim that many new features and implementations are coming soon. Newsflash: the basics should have been there from the start.

Rant over 🙂

Very well put. I totally agree, I was starting to believe it was just me. Virgin if you are going to put a new interface out there, a good starting point would be improving the existing one. 

@Stan-the-man wrote:

360 is a new system, the very latest technology that is currently available to joe public.  So with that in mind, why are many basic features like: 'undelete' not yet available?

I don't see how 'accidently' deleting things is even an 'issue'?? To delete, you need to highlight the 'trash' icon and then press the OK button on the remote - so that is TWO button presses right there. How can these two button presses be done by 'accident'....??!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why is it that I can not search for a fav celebrity and have it record anything that they may pop up in, similar to the Tivo wishlist?

Use the voice feature to search for content with your chosen celeb and then add said content to your Watchlist - 'problem' solved.

Why is there no handy movie rating system? they are extremely helpful when planning your recordings.

Well the TiVo had a 4 star rating for some content - hardly ground breaking.....

And that new remote with a backlight that turns off in the blink of an eye lol, what's that all about. 

The 360 remote is a 100% improvement over the peanut shaped remote of the TiVo. And, the reason the lights go out is to save battery - surely you don't expect the backlight to remain on for 1 minute+??? Imagine all the complaints on here if that was a thing.....!

Now yes there are many great new features that the Horizon software offers us but when the very basics are missing you have to ask yourselves why should I bother to stay with virgin when they themselves cant be bothered with me the customer. 

Nobody is/has forced you to switch to 360. Do your own research before jumping in head first with little knowledge of what it does/does not do....

Sky can already do all these things so much better and with a far more elegantly sleek system. 

So what are you doing here with Virgin then if "Sky can already do all these things so much better and with a far more elegantly sleek system" ?

I have been a customer of Virgins from back in the days when it was NTL World and now I am seriously considering joining Sky.

Off you go then.

...its time for a 'break down' (see above in red).

😉

I've found many useful features of TiVo/V6 missing on this Horizon/360. I actually loathe it and they charged me £25 to "upgrade" to it. I wish I could click restore to previous version. Like Apple, the GUI looks pretty but the insides are a downgrade to what I'm used to. Awful product.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately, you chose to pay the money for the remote required for the change in software.

You we’re perfectly at liberty not to make this change. It is not mandatory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@deans6571 wrote:

@Stan-the-man wrote:

360 is a new system, the very latest technology that is currently available to joe public.  So with that in mind, why are many basic features like: 'undelete' not yet available?

I don't see how 'accidently' deleting things is even an 'issue'?? To delete, you need to highlight the 'trash' icon and then press the OK button on the remote - so that is TWO button presses right there. How can these two button presses be done by 'accident'....??!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here is an example for you. Due to low storage space being an issue, there have been many times when somebody within the household has purposely deleted content that they inadvertently believed to be no longer wanted. Also the system itself will delete old content when the disk is getting full. Whatever the reason for deletion, whether accidental or on purpose, With the V6 I could previously recover it, now I can not.  If the correct solution was to simply say to customers that you should be more careful, then why was the undelete ever implemented in the v6 in the first place? or in windows? or many email accounts? or any number of services offering a safety net. There is obviously a need for this feature.

Why is it that I can not search for a fav celebrity and have it record anything that they may pop up in, similar to the Tivo wishlist?

Use the voice feature to search for content with your chosen celeb and then add said content to your Watchlist - 'problem' solved.

Thanks for this short term tip but I don't intend to manually do this previously automated feature every 2 weeks. Previously I set this information once, now the option suggested by you is to do it again and again and again. Not good. 

Why is there no handy movie rating system? they are extremely helpful when planning your recordings.

Well the TiVo had a 4 star rating for some content - hardly ground breaking.....

Exactly, hardly a ground breaking feature, so why wasn't it implemented and improved upon, instead of removing it?

And that new remote with a backlight that turns off in the blink of an eye lol, what's that all about. 

The 360 remote is a 100% improvement over the peanut shaped remote of the TiVo. And, the reason the lights go out is to save battery - surely you don't expect the backlight to remain on for 1 minute+??? Imagine all the complaints on here if that was a thing.....!

Having the backlight remain on for 5 or 10 seconds would not drain the battery to any detrimental effect.

Now yes there are many great new features that the Horizon software offers us but when the very basics are missing you have to ask yourselves why should I bother to stay with virgin when they themselves cant be bothered with me the customer. 

Nobody is/has forced you to switch to 360. Do your own research before jumping in head first with little knowledge of what it does/does not do....

You do take a lot for granted. After researching, I was fully aware of the negative feedback that the upgrade has gained since its first rollout, but foolishly thought that these were teething problems and hopefully now rectified. Perhaps you are unaware, but all customers will in fact be forced to accept the 360 change within a matter of months.  I accepted the offer of an upgrade now at this point in time, because during the upgrade process, all recordings will be lost. So yes I chose to make the change at a time that suited me when my storage was fairly empty, rather than possibly losing many tv shows and films at an inconvenient time in the months to come.

Sky can already do all these things so much better and with a far more elegantly sleek system. 

So what are you doing here with Virgin then if "Sky can already do all these things so much better and with a far more elegantly sleek system" ?

This is the only good point you make deans6571. Unfortunately, my contract prevents me from leaving right now, unless of course I wish to waste even more money by cancelling early.

I have been a customer of Virgins from back in the days when it was NTL World and now I am seriously considering joining Sky.

Off you go then.

Thank you. When the time comes, I will indeed be going. Not something that I intended to do after all the years of loyal support that I have given this company, but leave and invest my cash elsewhere is what I will be doing.

I would like to thank you deans6571 for at least attempting to offer some kind of help, albeit redundant and fairly pointless. But what I do not appreciate is the antagonistic fanboy manner of some of your responses. Perhaps you were having a bad day or perhaps that's just your personality.

...its time for a 'break down' (see above in red). Pay attention to the blue, it's more insightful lol

😉

At the moment it's not mandatory, but it will be within months. 

That's certainly fairly obvious @Ernie_C. However, when a company advertises something as an "upgrade" you tend to believe that'd be the case. I'd hardly have paid for what is essentially a downgrade to SEVERAL features.

NB: Your sarcastic, snarky, replies are hardly "very insightful" and they certainly aren't helping the "Virgin Community". After posting, I'm going to seek out a "Block" function. Can do without your sort of "insight". 😉