cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo delete 360

AnneSmith4
Tuning in

Can deleted programmes be recovered on the 360 box? I can’t find how to & I deleted something by accident 

82 REPLIES 82

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
I dont believe TiVo asks 'did you really mean that'...does it?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Logically it has, as it doesn’t delete recordings permanently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AnneSmith4
Tuning in

Thanks guys, yes it was an accident working out a new system as the little delete button was highlighted when I moved down from the previous show I’d deleted. I managed to watch the show on the itv player but the function of recovering deleted items was useful on the odd occasion in TiVo. Especially if something on a non catch up channel is deleted or something which was recorded a while ago & not available on catch up anymore. Just my bit of feedback 

irenton
On our wavelength

Totally agree, finding things I do not like on what was supposed to be an upgrade, more like a downgrade!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BlueLou wrote:

No it doesn't. Pressing delete, deletes. But you have the recycle bin "insurance".

Which, for what it's worth, is one of the features I'd like to see in 360 before I consider voluntarily moving from V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I deffo agree this option does need adding in to the Horizon 360 software and also when you delete a program it should not move to the delete icon on the next show it should move to the shows name field as it is easy to delete a show you didn't mean too. I am sure there are more people that would like the undelete option added than not.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

@BlueLou wrote:

No it doesn't. Pressing delete, deletes. But you have the recycle bin "insurance".

Which, for what it's worth, is one of the features I'd like to see in 360 before I consider voluntarily moving from V6.

Have to disagree with that.  On my V6 if I select delete on a recorded programme I then get a second screen asking 'Do you want to delete this recording?' with two options Delete now or cancel(keep this recording.

I do agree that this or the recover option is needed in the TV360 system.

Edit: Hitting the clear button on the V6 doesn't give you a second chance, but the recover deleted option is still available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm so used to deleting recordings after watching them (where you're not prompted) that... yeah... you're right Graham.

Deleting from "My shows" does indeed prompt. I press the confirmation on auto-pilot 🙄

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

I'm so used to deleting recordings after watching them (where you're not prompted) that... yeah... you're right Graham.

Deleting from "My shows" does indeed prompt. I press the confirmation on auto-pilot 🙄

That's the thing with the TiVo firmware the options differ depending on the direction you are coming from. I just got to the end of a recording and the delete now option didn't have a confirmation option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Exactly the problem I've had with next episode automatically having delete option selected. This is compounded by the inability to record "new only" so you open a programme folder with several recordings but only 1 is the new episode you want to watch. If you don't do regular deleting of duplicate episodes the box fills very quickly.