cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined recording

russdavies
On our wavelength

For the last two evenings, Eastenders recorded (using a series link - and it’s for my wife, not me) but when looking at the list of recordings, it is shown as “undefined, ep**”. When it’s selected to play it back, it shows all the details correctly. Anybody else seen this?

Also, why does it keep recording repeats of programs that were recorded, watched and deleted a few days before? I’ve got it set to record only from current series onwards, but it still records repeats of programs we’ve already watched. Why can’t it be like TiVo which was so much better. The only benefit I can see with 360 is the voice commands.

35 REPLIES 35

t is just so irritating that Virgin cannot gets it right: so many things not quite as good as before 360 [ not least of all not being able to recover delegated recordings.]

Hi @Swan1305, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that attempting to set your series links are causing you issues.  Can you please advise if this issue is impacting just specific shows?  Specific channels?  Or is it impacting all series links?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Jill1206 @frosty1977 and @Kit_simmonds thanks for your feedback as well.

I am going to pass it on to the relevant teams, to see if they're firstly aware of it and then to see if a resolution can be put in place.  It may well be that some form of update, will fix.  But I will certainly try to find out for you.

Regards

Lee_R

mtls15789
On our wavelength

It's been going on for weeks. Have rebooted. Cancel series links and recorded new episodes only and its still doing the same. I have 360

Hey mtls15789 thank you for letting me know this.

I would like to take a look into this in further details to find out why this is happening.

I am going to send you a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

mtls15789
On our wavelength

Had a VM engineer visit yesterday who replaced the main 360 box. This fault of undefined still continues

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Of course it does. It is very obviously a software issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jonnybourne67
Joining in

Have the same issue too, not only that it is so frustrating I can't switch channels and rewind like on previous box, every time I switch channel it resets to that start point!

Much prefer old box

After all these months, I’ve looked at my recordings tonight and all the soaps which have been being recorded as “ Undefined Recording” have their correct titles on. Yay!

Both my boxes updated yesterday when I reset them. Before that I'd gone away for a few weeks and came back to 9 episodes of Corrie and 12 Eastenders, all with correct titles. Finally got to the last Eastenders yesterday and it changed from "Eastenders" to "Undefined." 

Just checked and it says "Eastenders" for tonight's recording 🙂