cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined recording

russdavies
On our wavelength

For the last two evenings, Eastenders recorded (using a series link - and it’s for my wife, not me) but when looking at the list of recordings, it is shown as “undefined, ep**”. When it’s selected to play it back, it shows all the details correctly. Anybody else seen this?

Also, why does it keep recording repeats of programs that were recorded, watched and deleted a few days before? I’ve got it set to record only from current series onwards, but it still records repeats of programs we’ve already watched. Why can’t it be like TiVo which was so much better. The only benefit I can see with 360 is the voice commands.

35 REPLIES 35

frosty1977 You still have the "New Only" option?

Yes I do

There seems to be no answer to this.

The really bizre thing is if you record one episode East Enders, it shows as undefined.

If you don't delete it, as soon as another episode comes in, it shows correctly on the list : same for Corrie: what is virgin doing to address this annoyance?

While they are at it, could we have the ability to recover deleted recordings back please?

I rather regret ‘upgrading’ much of the interface is a downgrade I feel!!

Itis all probably due to Covid!!

some 'upgrade', its rubbish, oh for the V6 to come back, but you cant get one for love nor money, im leaving virgin as soon as i can which is turning out to be impossible to cancel, ive spent hours on it to no avail. grrrrrrrrrr.

sharonplym1972
Joining in

I had been getting this as well and all my recordings & series links all got deleted not by anyone in the household our box was at 30% then it went to 0. This has happened twice before. Recordings not recording due to power failure when no power cuts at all. I called virgin and had a engineer out this morning gave me a brand new box said it was most probably a hard drive issue but I'm still getting undefined recordings emmerdale coronation street and great Yorkshire show so unless there is a problem with this box too seems more like a software issue.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might also be a PSU issue. Did the tech guy check the power supply?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Swan1305
Tuning in

Just found this thread thankfully - I thought I was going mad! Also trying to record Eastenders and the series link is failing horribly...has no answer been found yet?

Eastenders, Emmerdale and Corrie are the ones I have had the “unidentified” problem with. Eastenders also hasn’t been recording when it’s been put onto BBC2 because of the sport being shown on BBC1. It’s always found it in the past-and I haven’t found the option to record new on any channel in the advanced options section. Maybe I’m missing something 🤷‍♀️🙄

I've never found programmes have recorded if they've switched channels, especially since having 360. I can't recall if they did when it was the V6 or not. 
I've just learnt to live with the Undefined recordings now, I can't see it being fixed anytime soon. It's been ages.

I just set the series link again about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it's been fine since. Still says "undefined" though.