cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to record

dgoppy
Just joined

New mini box installed everything working except when I try to record message comes up saying "Virgin TV is offline or not connecting. Turn it on to check if your recording was successfully scheduled." I only have the one box. Used to have 2 boxes but that was 2 years ago.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dgoppy 

The mini box is half the size of the main box and doesn't contain a hard drive.

The picture below shows the main box on the left and the mini box on the right.

If you definitely only have the mini box then you will need to contact customer support on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to get it swapped over, or wait a few days for the forum team to pick this up.

main 360 (left) and mini 360 (right)main 360 (left) and mini 360 (right)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dgoppy, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with recording things on your new box. 

As mentioned by newapollo, with the 360 service you would have a main box and then a smaller mini box. 

Checking things this end we can see this is what we have provided you with. Can you please ensure you have the main box plugged in and turned on. This will then connect with the mini box to allow you to record. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs