cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fast forward on E4

jcolton
Tuning in

Hi,

In the last few days, if we start a program late on E4 then when we try and fast forward we get:

Sorry this channel doesn't let you do that

Any tips?

thanks

21 REPLIES 21

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this E4 SD or E4 HD?

If you're watching a live programme, you can't fast forward beyond what is being broadcast now. Or do you mean you can't pause/rewind live TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So we can rewind but if we then try going forward or pausing and then going forwards i.e. not further than what is live 😉 then it won't let us.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you're trying to fast-foward a live programme to what's not been broadcast yet. You can't do that...

You can pause/rewind, and fast forward back to live, I take it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Nope, you misunderstand, I am not trying to see into the future, don't worry.

Try it yourself on a V360 box go onto a E4 programme, rewind and then try and fast forward, it doesn't work, we get that error.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm with you now. So you can rewind and pause but not fast-forward back to live.

I use a V6, but for others who have 360 and can test this - are you watching E4 in SD or HD?

That is correct, SD I believe.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

E4 is a Startover channel which allows you to watch from the beginning a program which has already started.

You are correct that you can’t fast forward and I can only suggest that this is a ‘feature’ of the mechanism that permits this facility (which is not available on V6 TiVo). This happens through some sort of ‘cloud storage’ mechanism.

Ok, is there any work around?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1. Don’t turn up late for a program.

2. Record record record.