cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete recordings

g0akc
Problem sorter

I’m unable to delete recordings.  If I try it sluggishly shows ‘deleting recording’ but the programme isn’t actually removed and still shows on the ‘recordings’ page.

The recording can still be played despite having tried to delete several times.

Any ideas other than rebooting the box?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Try using the TVGO app, the recording info is synced with the box and Virgin's servers.

g0akc
Problem sorter

Thanks.

I can delete recordings if I use the app.

I cannot stop recording nor delete recordings using the remote control.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried rebooting the 360 and hub.

g0akc
Problem sorter

A message just came up on screen saying something like ‘deleting recordings in progress - check in recordings’ - this was a few minutes after using the app to stop a recording in progress and deleting.

Thanks for coming back to the thread @g0akc.

Have he programmes now deleted on the set top box, following the using of the application?

Can you please confirm if the set top box is left in standby over night?

Have any reboots you've performed, also included removing the power from mains also?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

• Using the app, the recordings were deleted from the STB.
  • Recordings could not be deleted using the remote and user interface on the STB.
  • Box is left on standby overnight.
  • Eventually seemed to correct itself after a couple of days, without reboot OR power off\on.
  • Clearly a bug - I will monitor it.

Hey @g0akc, thanks for reaching out to us. 👋🏼

Sorry to hear about the issues with the recordings.
May I ask if this issue has continued?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs