cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Set Recordings From 360 Mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been unable to set recordings from my mini since May. No amount of re-boots or resets have fixed the issue. I reported this by phone to VM in June and was told it’s a known fault and just need to wait for a fix.

It was no real issue for me until VM’s customer service made the matter more frustrating. I’ve had enough signals sent to the box and diagnostics run to contact aliens in space! I also don’t need to be patronised and asked by VM if I’ve tried turning the box off and on etc. 

I called again this evening and advised I’ve seen two other people report the issue on the Forum and the outcome was a replacement mini box. Despite this, I’ve been told I need to wait for a fix. So why do some customers get the issue fixed with a new mini box and I am treated differently? The adviser told me that his ‘diagnostics’ show I cannot have my mini replaced and need to wait for a fix. 

Like I say, I wasn’t too bothered until customer service upset me!

1. Mini on WiFi and main 360 on Ethernet

2. Both boxes set to Fast Start

3. Have tried swapping remotes between boxes and tried both on Ethernet - no fix 

4. Standby light flashes on mini which shows it’s receiving the command

5. Recordings cannot be set via the red record button on the remote or by selecting Record from the programme info page

6. I can stream recordings from the main box to the mini with no issue

I’m listing the points above in the hope someone from the Forum team can resolve this for me, without more ‘signals’ being sent to my box!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what? On second thoughts, as VM continue to prove themselves as having the most disgusting customer service, don’t bother replying to my post.

VM’s products are great (when they work) but I cannot go through the stress of calling incompetent “customer service” advisers, knowing that I am just going to be spoken to by a robot reading from a script who has actually no intention of helping.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the threads that prove the issue was fixed by replacing the box:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Mini-360-not-recording/td-p/4785970/page/2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what? On second thoughts, as VM continue to prove themselves as having the most disgusting customer service, don’t bother replying to my post.

VM’s products are great (when they work) but I cannot go through the stress of calling incompetent “customer service” advisers, knowing that I am just going to be spoken to by a robot reading from a script who has actually no intention of helping.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue. Was told it’s a known issue and to wait for a fix - that was two months ago. It does seem unfair those reporting it via the forum get it fixed with an engineer visit, whilst those reporting it to CS on the phone are told to “just wait”. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey hth,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums. I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this problem with recording from a 360 mini.

When I've dealt with this issues previously with other customers a replacement box didn't help, and I was advised of the following:

"We’ve identified an issue with setting new recordings from the 360 Mini box. We’re working to fix this as quickly as we can.

Until we do you will need to set any new recordings from your main 360 box.

You can continue to watch existing recordings on your 360 Mini box as normal."

Sorry for the delay, but rest assured it's a problem that will be fixed as soon as possible.

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tom for that response. Much appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comment removed by user.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? Given I also have this issue, stating it will be fixed as soon as possible isn't really true as the problem has been apparent for a few users since May - that's 4 months ago!

Furthermore, you state replacing the box won't help, despite the OP of this thread clearly stating that when the engineer swapped his mini box, it solved the problem!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was the OP for this thread but deleted my account in pure frustration at Virgin Media’s complete lack of help.

However, I wanted to post an update in the hope it helps other people who have the same issue. After nearly 15 months, I’m pleased to say the issue is resolved. 

The cause: a faulty mini box and provisioning error. 

Over a period of 14 months, I was denied a box swap or engineer visit. I was told by no less than 5 advisers that the issue would be fixed in a future firmware update. I knew this would never happen but waited patiently. Very patiently!

My mini box recently began regularly disconnecting from the Hub (Wi-Fi) and I managed to book an engineer online. I was able to explain to the engineer about the recording issue, and after swapping the box, everything is working perfectly. 

He explained the box had a fault, and after registering the new one to my account, it provisioned correctly.

Previously, the Virgin TV Go app gave the choice to record from the main box or mini. Since the swap, the app now recognises the mini doesn’t have a hard drive - proof of the provisioning issue.

Anyone still having this issue - do not let Virgin fob you off for 14 months like they did to me.

This is testament to Virgin’s disgusting customer service and complete lack of empathy to customers. I told VM from the start the issue would not resolve itself, and only because a second fault materialised, was I able to get the issue resolved.

My experience needs to be fed back at the highest level. Why didn’t a single adviser pick up the provisioning issue? Why didn’t Virgin’s ‘nifty’ tests pick up the issue? Can you seriously tell me 14 months is acceptable to fix a fault, and why was I denied a fix back last May?

Good customer service would have resolved this much sooner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was the OP of those posts but deleted my account in pure frustration at the lack of help I received. It took 14 months to resolve. 

Check your Recording Settings in the TV Go app. Are your minis listed as having a hard drive? If so, it’s a provisioning issue. Obviously, the minis don’t have hard drives and is part of the issue.

I only had my box swapped after 14 months when another issue materialised. When the new box was installed, it corrected itself/provisioned correctly. 

Do not let VM fob you off like they did me. You won’t receive any update or call backs - you’re being lied to. Keep on to them.