cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Oomph vs Ultimate Volt

thrice
Superfast

What are the differences, if any, between these two bundles? Is it worth changing from U. Oomph to U. Volt before my current deal expires? Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@adhiren wrote:

I switched to a Volt package from the Ultimate Oomph and the sim card for volt packages is an O2 one and as such they bill you separately for that and Virgin just bill you for tv/broadband/landline so 2 direct debits

Under the Ultimate Oomph packages, Virgin send you one bill and one payment/direct debit as you have a Virgin simcard.

In my case it worked out to be cheaper and my virgin number was ported over to O2. The sim card with o2 is still unlimited talk/text/data

I've just done the same thing thru retentions. Waiting for the sim to port over to O2. Still got everything TV, broadband and landline with VM including the UHD on demand for a much cheaper price.

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

What are you paying?

I phoned on Wednesday and they quoted me £107, currently, pay £117 but weren't sure about UHD. So if that is an extra £6 it's hardly worth it. Also, I have a mobile family plan and that would have been affected. researching o2 family plan, it seems more expensive than VM Family Plan. So I think I would be worse off.

Retentions said they would go away to check about UHD and call me the next day, but they never called me back as promised

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile