cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Oomph vs Ultimate Volt

thrice
Superfast

What are the differences, if any, between these two bundles? Is it worth changing from U. Oomph to U. Volt before my current deal expires? Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
I dont think there is any difference from what I have seen. When I "upgraded" to Volt nothing on my service changed.

james-28
Dialled in

For me there’s a broadband speed increase. Offering gig1 vs M600 for the same price I’m paying now yet told have to pay £35 extra 

To go up to 1Gig you need a Hub 4. That's probably what the £35 is for. Try ringing retentions you might get the charge waived..
Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

As usual anyone already on the best package with VM gets nothing with these free upgrades. This is despite paying the most. Even the new Hub5 upgrade looks like it is being offered to customers on lower packages first.

It was £35 a month extra on top of what I pay now. 

roy247
Community elder

@thrice wrote:

What are the differences, if any, between these two bundles? Is it worth changing from U. Oomph to U. Volt before my current deal expires? Thanks.

Hi thrice,

If you have Sky UHD included in your U. Oomph deal you may lose it if you move to U. Volt as I don't think it's now included in any bundle. If you are paying for Sky UHD then hopefully it would be transferred.

Maybe NinjaMeerkat knows the answer if he had Sky UHD.

Roy

Thanks for all the replies. The message I seem to be getting is to sit tight with my existing Ultimate Oomph bundle and try and renegotiate when my current deal expires in a few months. Sky UHD and a broadband speed upgrade for a similar sub might have tempted me.

@roy247 wrote:

@thrice wrote:

Hi thrice,

If you have Sky UHD included in your U. Oomph deal you may lose it if you move to U. Volt as I don't think it's now included in any bundle. If you are paying for Sky UHD then hopefully it would be transferred.

Maybe NinjaMeerkat knows the answer if he had Sky UHD.

Roy

I don't subscribe to Sky UHD on the principle that I am already paying for "the best of everything", at least that's what VirginMedia told me I was getting when I upgraded to the UO bundle, so transferring to the Volt package changed nothing for me.

I switched to a Volt package from the Ultimate Oomph and the sim card for volt packages is an O2 one and as such they bill you separately for that and Virgin just bill you for tv/broadband/landline so 2 direct debits

Under the Ultimate Oomph packages, Virgin send you one bill and one payment/direct debit as you have a Virgin simcard.

In my case it worked out to be cheaper and my virgin number was ported over to O2. The sim card with o2 is still unlimited talk/text/data