cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD - blank screen after pause

ozsat
Superstar

Anybody else get this occasionally.

So watch Sky in UHD - can be a recording or from the OnDemand section.

After a few seconds of playing the recording press 'pause'.

I'm then finding, but not 100%, the video playback starts blanking out.

Suggestions already tried: Reboot the set-top-box, switch off all kit at the mains, change the HDMI cable.

As said - I only see this on non-live stuff after a pause.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5
6 REPLIES 6

daveoc
Up to speed

Happened to me yesterday watching 'Funny Woman' on demand.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @ozsat and I'm sorry to hear of the issues on Sky Sports UHD.

Does this happen on just one set top box, or is this happening on multiple boxes?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Multiple boxes and two 4K tvs.  And only on the Sky UHD stuff. Get it on Sky Entertainment UHD stuff too.

@David_Bn wrote:

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @ozsatand I'm sorry to hear of the issues on Sky Sports UHD.

Does this happen on just one set top box, or is this happening on multiple boxes?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

This is baffling. Can you give more information on each blanking out event, such as is it a single occurrence and how long it lasts. If possible post a video.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I'll try and get a video. It lasts about a second after un-pausing and does not repeat unless you re-pause.

It looks like the HDCP blanking - but only occurs on recorded/ondemand Sky UHD content.

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

This is baffling. Can you give more information on each blanking out event, such as is it a single occurrence and how long it lasts. If possible post a video.

I would think that an HDCP error would be a possibility especially if the 360 is connected to the TV via an AVR.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection