cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 sticking

Chill9
On our wavelength

I called to find a cheaper package as I was out of contract, I was offered £13 off my bill and a 360, with a free remote.

I said I like my existing remote, can I stick with it, he said yes.

The new  remote is horrible, prefer the old one. The light is not on long enough to find the button. 

Signed into iPlayer yesterday, try to use it today, wants me to sign in again, shouldn't happen like that. It's all wrong.

The fast forward sticks, not intuitive, hate it. 

Need to go back to V6, that was superior.

9 REPLIES 9

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chill9

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with 360, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have you managed to sign into iPlayer now? Are you still using the old remote over the new one? Is this operating okay as an alternative? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Chill9
On our wavelength

Hi Sofia_B

The box has stopped turning itself off, only used iPlayer once but had to sign in. Did not know we could use the old remote, so haven't.

I called and spoke to someone, they said probably a hard drive problem, arranged for an engineer to call yesterday (Friday), he would change the box.

To be honest we don't like it so have hardly used it.

I spoke to a lady called Lisa on Thursday evening and explained what had happened, what I was told when I initially made contact (I won't go into detail here), she cancelled the engineer and arranged for a V6 box (not 360), she guaranteed it would not be a 360, to arrive on Saturday.

Saturday is here, I'm sitting Infront of an unopened box that has 360 on the outer box.

Weather the packaging is standard, I don't know, unsure weather to open it and see if it's a 360, or a V6. I suppose if there is a remote inside, that will tell me if it's a V6 box or a 360. If there is no remote, I don't know how I could tell. So sitting pondering. If it's a 360, I still have time to cancel my contract.

Maybe I should call and find out what they sent.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

Chill9

roy247
Community elder

Both the V6 and 360 box hardware look the same it's the software that is different. If your account is showing as 360 then you will have been sent a 360 box as you can't revert back to V6 from 360. Also you can't use the TiVo V6 remote with a 360 box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chill9 wrote:

Weather the packaging is standard, I don't know, unsure weather to open it and see if it's a 360, or a V6. I suppose if there is a remote inside, that will tell me if it's a V6 box or a 360. If there is no remote, I don't know how I could tell. So sitting pondering. If it's a 360, I still have time to cancel my contract.

A TiVo/V6 will have the "tivo" logo underneath the video preview in the top-right, 360 doesn't have that.

The change of TV software from TiVo/V6 > 360 is a completely different thing to your package change. You have 14day "change of mind" on a package change - a conversion from TiVo/V6 to 360 is a one-way process and can't be reverted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chill9
On our wavelength

Hi Lovely People,

Well I opened it up and inside was a V6, I  changed it over, so happy, have sent the other one back. Thank you all for your input, I do appreciate it.

I have been reading other people's issues with 360, particularly the update removing their saved programs and how basic it was initially. I can see the advantages of 360, the picture was definitely better,  but as it stands now, I'd rather stick to V6 until the teething problems have been ironed out.

Just to give some background, I have been with this cable (VM currently) in all it's change of names for 18 years, I have BB, l.line. And TV, did have mobile but signal was so bad in this area, (don't know if it has improved, it's been about 10 years) it has it's moments, I find the people I talk to on the phone are always helpful, even though it's a pain to get through to a human being.

Thank you for understanding my frustration.

Chill9

All I'm gonna say is congrats on actually managing to switch your V6 TiVo to a V6 360 as that is not normally possible!

👍

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

All I'm gonna say is congrats on actually managing to switch your V6 TiVo to a V6 360 as that is not normally possible!

And whilst the most important thing is the the OP in this thread is happy, it's far from clear they've done anything of the sort.

Not to mention there's no such things as a V6 360 - a box is either one or the other....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

And whilst the most important thing is the the OP in this thread is happy, it's far from clear they've done anything of the sort.

Not to mention there's no such things as a V6 360 - a box is either one or the other....

....well by reading post #6 above its clear to me that the OP has reverted from 360 back to TiVo.

Isn't it true that 'V6' is the hardware and  '360' and 'TiVo' is the software then ( 'V6 360' is what I would call it when referring to a V6 box with 360 software ) ?

Chill9
On our wavelength

I will just say,  I have reverted back to a V6, l do not have 360 software on my new box. 

people keep putting that it's impossible on the forum, am reluctant to give details of how this has happened, that's not important, VM has a happy customer, that is what is important.

Chill and be content

, After all, anything is possible.