cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 not recording

Boroboy5
Joining in

This last 2 days my tv box has failed to record any of my programmes.I’ve reset this 3 times now,but still doesn’t work.It doesn’t show any codes,but just says recording failed?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Boroboy5,

Just to cover some of the basics, do you have 1 box or 2, was the box on at the time or in standby, if it's in standby is the box set to fast start or active start and not switched off at the plug.

Which programmes have failed to record just in case someone else has had the same problem.

As a test if you are watching something can you pause for a few minutes and then carry on watching.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

Hi Boroboy5,

Just to cover some of the basics, do you have 1 box or 2, was the box on at the time or in standby, if it's in standby is the box set to fast start or active start and not switched off at the plug.

Which programmes have failed to record just in case someone else has had the same problem.

As a test if you are watching something can you pause for a few minutes and then carry on watching.

Only 1 box ,it’s set on fast start,all programmes have failed( not showing a code).tv & box where on & off & nothing recorded

Will the box record something now if you press record on a random program. Could it be possible that the programmes set to record had a change on the TV guide which can result in a failed recordings, although I thought the failed recording message told you that unless things have changed with software updates.

Can you say what one of the programmes that failed to record was.

I recorded motd last night & warship tonight which failed.Also tried to record the news while I was watching but that failed too I’ve reset the box 3 times & can’t get through to Virgin?

Can you still watch any recordings you have or are they gone which would indicate a faulty hard drive.

You won't be able to contact Virgin by phone until 8 tomorrow morning.

Usually if the hard drive is faulty you get the error code CS6002.

No I can’t view them as they say failed to record but no error codes showing.After the last reset no programmes are shown as recorded,that box is empty,but future recordings can still be seen 

Was the reset you did a factory reset and did you select the option to format the hard drive which would have deleted all your previous recordings.

If you can't record anything or pause live TV and then carry on watching, or just rewind the live TV you are watching then it looks like a hard drive problem and a new box will be required.

Hi Boroboy5

Sorry to hear of the issues with your 360 box and recordings, we understand the concern and confusion this has caused and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting and trust this was discussed during the call. Please keep us up to date with this 🙂

Rob