cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 intermittent blank screen

bigfergie
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I have a problem with my 360 box, every few days when I switch it on, the screen remains blank and the sound plays intermittently. The only way to fix it is to unplug the box and allow it to reboot, it then works fine for another 3 or 4 days. It’s been working fine and only started doing this a few weeks ago. Do you think the box is faulty?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bigfergie 

Have you tried removing the HDMI cable from both your TV and 360 and then plugging it back in as they sometimes work loose?

Also try a different HDMi cable or port.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

yes I have tried that also and hasn’t made any difference. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bigfergie

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your 360 box at the moment and that you're experiencing some issues with the screen.

Are you able to resolve this issue with a TV Box reboot by switching off the small switch on the back of the box for a minute or two?

Have you been able to take a look at our TV Faults page to see if this can help resolve this issue? 

Do you see an error code on the screen at all, or is the screen just blank?

Please let us know how you get on so we can investigate this further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Rebooting the box resolves the issue, but only for a few days. It works fine for a couple of days then the issue returns. 
There is no logo or error code, just a blank screen and intermittent sound. 

Hey bigfergie, thank you for reaching back out and I am so sorry to hear this issues has come back.

Okay so I want to look into this personally for you to get to the bottom of it.

I am going to send you a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?