cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv

Hinmania
Joining in

Hi, during the football the tv stopped working. At the time i simply streamed via laptop. Now, with time to try and sort it, the system appears to reboot but then says that there is an ethernet cable issue. None of the wiring has been touched so im at a loss, please help!!! Thankyou in advance, Tim

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain this Ethernet cable message in a bit more detail? Where are you seeing this, and what's the exact wording of the message?

How is your 360 connected to your homehub, as that's what provides the box's internet connection. Do you have a live TV service now?

If you follow Settings > Network > Diagnostic, what's reported?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tim,

Is your 360 connected via Wi-Fi or ethernet cable?

If it's via Wi-Fi make sure you remove the ethernet cable from the rear of the 360.

Have you checked Settings > Network > Change connection type > and reapplied the Home network setup wizard. ?

In the same section you can also select Diagnostics and check what's happening to the connection.

Have you tried rebooting your hub? Or rebooting both the hub and 360?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hinmania (loving the name)

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the service issues. I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and everything should be resolved.

Do let me know if you need further assistance though 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill