cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv upstairs keeps pixelating

Stocksy1
Tuning in

Hi,

We have had nothing but issues since our virgin services were installed back the end of January. We have had two engineers come out to activate our services and both engineers have noted in their repots that our neighbour is connected to our omnibox outside our property. The engineers have said they should have their own omnibox fitted and wrote this in their reports over 8-10 weeks ago. We have had nothing but issues with our services and the latest issue is our tv upstairs keeps pixelating. This is happening of an evening when our neighbours are back. Daytime we have no issues with the tv. 

We have tried phoning virgin media customer services and we have been passed around to loads of different departments and had the phone put down on us several times. We just want to know how to get this issue resolved. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, just for advice - you'd post in the TiVo section of this forum but if you were installed since January then you'll have TV360 boxes not TiVo ones - I've moved your post.

Pixellation and picture breakup is often the sign of a signal fault, but if only one of your boxes are affected that probably rules out an external fault. Have you tried swapping the 2 boxes around? That will be a good test of whether the fault follows the box or stays with the internal cabling.

Reporting the problem to VM is absolutely the way to go, but if you're having issues with the phone people not taking ownership - then if you wait around here a day or so, then someone from the staff team should pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi,

Thank you for your reply and moving this question to the appropriate place. 

Finally got through to virgin media and have an engineer coming out next week. Hopefully the issue gets sorted and resolved then. 

Thank you again

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per my previous post, if only one of your boxes is affected, swap them round in the meantime.

That way, when the tech arrives - you know whether the fault has followed the box, or remained with the cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks