cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv turns on randomly with 360

Popsie89
Joining in

Since upgrading to 360 my TV keeps randomly turning itself on. Never had a problem with the v6 box can someone please advise how to fix this as the 1st impressions of 360 arnt good, definitely regretting the upgrade. Tv is a Samsung if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance ☺ 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you just clarify what you mean by the TV turning itself on? Presumably... it's in standby and coming out of standby?

Do you have the 360 remote programmed to control your TV, or perhaps vice-versa? What's the model number?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes the TV when on standby will randomly turn on. Its a Samsung series 6 and all I did was link the remote to the v6 box and since then it's gone strange. Thanks for helping 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Popsie89,

On the 360 go to Settings > Audio & Video > One Power.

If this is set to on and your TV also  has Anynet+, HDMI-CEC, Easylink or Simplink (the name varies on some manufacturers)  turned on is then it may be turning on your TV

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali