cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv services

nathan199559
Joining in

Hi,

I am looking to get the TV package for an extra £5 a month however will I get the TV box if so will the channels run from that e.g freeview movies ect or would I need an Ariel installed aswell ? 

4 REPLIES 4

g0akc
Problem sorter

If you add Virgin Media TV You should get a TV box which will connect to the same cable as the hub, with a splitter.

That gives the ‘freeview’ channels (channels similar to that on the Freeview service) plus others, according to the package chosen.

Virgin is cable TV - no aerial or dish is used or required.

The TV box will also need a connection to the Hub, for internet, for on demand and catch up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Freeview is entirely terrestrial based and works via your aerial, it has nothing to do with Virgin Media.

Many of the channels carried by Freeview are available via VM, and are included in the base Mixit tier. But VM will supply you with a set-top-box which you use to access both broadcast channels and streaming/OnDemand services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Just to add to japitts answer you can check which channels are available on the Mixit and Maxit packages by checking the TV guide link,

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide 

If you have an Arial connection for the TV it's always useful as a backup.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @nathan199559 

Thank you so much for your post and a big thank you to our community members for their advise here. 

We do not handle package changes via the forums but you can speak to our team on 0345 454 1111 where a member of the team will do all they can to get the right deal for you. 

Thanks again