cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv service not working

Craig_bourrn_95
Just joined

For 4 months my tv package on v6 & 360 box does not work on-demand, catch up, recordings will not work I’ve rang 14x and got nowhere and still not got a engineer or compensation!! My virgin app keeps saying fault and a engineers are giving it when it I get a react saying it’s fixed day later goes back to not working! Can someone please help with this or have the same problem? Thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

Hi,

Is it a V6 or 360 that you have? 
most of the issues you mentioned the service for it works through the internet is it hard wired or on the WiFi?

if on WiFi how far away is the modem for the box?

is there a error code that appears?

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll ask some of what already has been, but with a bit of explanation....

V6 & 360 are completely different software platforms, you either have one or the other but won't have both. They're the same hardware but that's all.

There's pictures here if it helps, but a TiVo-software box will have the TiVo logo next to the video preview screen in the top-right, a 360 won't. If you had a V6 and converted it to 360, it's no longer a V6.

Next up, OnDemand uses the internet so how is your box connected to your homehub, which provides the net connection - is it wired using ethernet or wireless? 360 & V6 have the same requirements but the software drives them differently.

Recordings not working - can you explain further what's happening? Confirmation of V6 vs 360 will help here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks