cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv never works always on amber

Tvdoesntworkeve
Tuning in

My TV box is always on amber. Ive run the test almost everyday and it never seems to work!!!!!!! 

Im tired of turning the [deleted] blooding thing on and off about 10 times a day and still not get anything!!!!! 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

11 REPLIES 11

Tvdoesntworkeve
Tuning in

I dont have a manual either and the [deleted] thing never works!!!!!! Forget the voice command its always on amber and doesnt even turn on!!!!!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tvdoesntworkeve
Tuning in

Why is my virgin box only working part time??? Like 1 out of 7 days a week. Its on amber light for about 6 days until i can finally use it!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may find threads like this one useful: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Tips-to-Using-V360/m-p/4692291

The official V360 user guide can be found here: https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Virgin-TV-360-User-Guide.pdf

Ensure both boxes are in Fast Start mode (Settings > System). 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tvdoesnotworkeve,

Sorry to see you are having problems.

Was this a self install, or an engineer install?

If it's a self install make sure all the connections are strong and firm, with no kinks, especially the white coaxial cable.

Do you have more than one 360 box? If so try swapping them around.

An amber light usually means either it's just starting up, or if you've double checked all the connections it may be a faulty box.

If you can get past the Welcome screen try pressing HOME > Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption, and set this to either fast start or active start.

Otherwise you either need to call in and report it, or wait a day or two for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up for you.

If phoning it's 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the TV Faults option.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@Tvdoesntworkeve wrote:

My TV box is always on amber. Ive run the test almost everyday and it never seems to work!!!!!!! 

Im tired of turning the blooding thing on and off about 10 times a day and still not get anything!!!!! 

Assuming you only have the one box and the white coax is connected tightly and you are connected to the internet with an ethernet cable then your box should start up, maybe with an error message if it detects a problem. Even if the coax and ethernet were loose I would expect you to get an error message. When you turn the box on do you get the starting up message, if it never really gets past this stage and just has an amber light it would suggest to me you have a faulty box and a call to Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone to report a fault would be required.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tvdoesntworkeve 

Worth making sure of the connections being present. All VM TV boxes need two connections:

- Coax cable carries the TV signals.

- Internet (via your homehub) provides onward connectivity for streaming, OnDemand & TV Guide updates

Unless both connections are present and solid, things will fail sooner or later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No all connections are fine im not that stupid. And no it doesnt have a error message. The error message would only show if the [deleted] thing actually turned on. 

Internet works fine its just not send anything to the box so it doesnt function at all. Just turns on and doesnt do anything. Virgin status check is basically my homepage now 😒

So how long have you had 360 and it doesn't work, have you thought about phoning 150 from a Virgin phone to report a problem, it maybe faster than waiting for a forum team member to pick this up.