cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv cuts out for a second

Davidhez
Joining in

Hi there anybody no why my virgin tv cuts out on some channels for a second screen goes black 

5 REPLIES 5

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Davidhez

Firstly, welcome to the forum page - very excited to have you here. 

Secondly, have you carried out any checks with your TV? What channels cut out? How frequently does this happen? 

Do any error codes appear? 

You may find this link helpful to diagnose the issue, you can click here to take a look. 

Have you also carried out a reboot of the actual Tv box to see if this helps at all? 

Many thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

NornIpswich
Joining in

I am having this issue also. And looking through the forum I am not the only one. 

Randomly the screen will go blank for a few seconds and come back. 

Have just had virgin installed, I am using a 4k HDMI lead that worked fine with sky and a Xbox series X in 4k . 

Have tried the usual checking cables and rebooting. 

Dont get any errors and box does not reboot, it just loses picture for a few seconds. As I am seeing others with this issue has Virgin recognised it ? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any problems when using the HDMI cable VM supplied?

If you change the HDMI resolution on the 360 via the Audio & Video settings to Automatic instead of 4K does this stop the screen blanking?

I realise you have a 4K TV, however for testing purposes could you also try setting the HDMI resolution to 1080p. 

If that stops the screen blanking for a second it may indicate that the HDMI cable you are using isn't HDCP compliant.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there I’ve moved in to a new house and hdmi cable is in the wall if I use another cable it is ok I have now set the box to 1080p and all good so think the cable in the new house is not good enough 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Davidhez,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased it's all working OK now at the 1080p setting.

I hope when/if  you buy a new cable that it's not too expensive. Something like <<< this >>>  should be suitable

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali