cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv/broadband fault

Welshdan
Tuning in

How do you actually report a fault?

I keep going in a loop. Sat with tv signal dropping and returning constantly making it unwatchable.

same with internet, it keeps dropping and returning. 
says no issues in my area but others on same housing estate have virgin issues.

im sure I used to be able to report fault but can’t see the option 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Welshdan 

Have you tried the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061?  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing is picked up by the above then you should contact VM Faults. Call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Welshdan wrote:

says no issues in my area but others on same housing estate have virgin issues.

have all the other Virgin users reported their issues?

People often "suffer in silence" and hope others are reporting faults. The end result being that many area faults go unreported.

VM staff do often respond to posts on here - providing there's sufficient info about the problem and/or they can see issues on remote checks. Otherwise calling into faults as per the previous post, is the way to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Welshdan, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with your services. 

I can see from checking our systems that there was a fault in the area over the last few days but this has since been resolved. 

How are things looking for you now? Are you still having an issue with your services?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You can check here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status

1. Press 'Check service status'
  2. It will check you're connecting from your postcode or if you're doing it externally do "Check another address" insert your postcode and last name.
  3. It should come back with issues or no issues, no issues?
  4. Press either TV and it will drop down to say "Test equipment" same message from 'Broadband'

Usually if there no fault at the street options 3 & 4 will check the equipment at your property and report as needed.