cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box will not switch on

Kazsawyer
Joining in

I have an issue where my tv box just sits there with an orange light and won’t turn on - after many times of rebooting it, I have managed to get it started over the last few days, but now it won’t do anything ……… which isn’t a great start to my Virgin contract 😔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Kazsawyer 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your set top box. Can I ask if you have more than one box? ~If so is this happening on both boxes or just one? If just one, which box? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Kazsawyer 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your set top box. Can I ask if you have more than one box? ~If so is this happening on both boxes or just one? If just one, which box? 

Hey Ashley, Thank you for responding!

Thankfully I managed to get through to the service team after reading through previous answers on the same issue within this forum, as it did look like I had a faulty box.

To answer your question and to give some advice to everyone here - I do have a smaller box in the bedroom also which was working fine, so it was just the main box in the lounge that seemed to have frozen. 

The service team asked me to try holding the button on the front for 5 seconds to see if the light changed to white, but it still didn’t work - so they scheduled an engineer to come round today ……… who very quickly agreed that the box had frozen! He then grabbed a new box from the van and after 10 / 15 mins of setup and testing, I was back up and running again 👍🏼

Hi @Kazsawyer 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am glad to hear it's all been sorted via an engineer visit.

Please pop back to the community if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill