cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv aerial

LBWILTS
Just joined

Hi

I am due to move to Virgin from Sky Q and have heard that I need to have a TV aerial to receive channels such as BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc.

I am having a second mini box installed and I think that I was told that an engineer would need to install additional cabling.

My Sky Q mini box didn't require any cabling whatsoever so why is Virgin different?

Any advice would be appreciated as I am beginning to have second thoughts about switching.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LBWILTS wrote:

I am due to move to Virgin from Sky Q and have heard that I need to have a TV aerial to receive channels such as BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc.

That's not correct - VM carry the PSB channels in EPG positions 101, 102, 103 etc. You can view all the channels Virgin Media carry, at the bottom of this page . There's nothing stopping you from having a terrestrial antenna installed and using that with any inbuilt Freeview tuner that your TV may have - but you don't need to do so.

@LBWILTS wrote:

My Sky Q mini box didn't require any cabling whatsoever so why is Virgin different?

Virgin Media is a cable operator unlike Sky. All VM TV boxes need 2 connections..

1: The physical co-ax cable is what carries your live TV channels.

2: The internet connection (be it Ethernet cabled or wireless) is used for OnDemand, streaming and various updates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks