cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 360 stays on standby

Keith55
Joining in

Box will not switch on orange light only tried switching unit off completely for a minute plus socket switch, light goes white for a few seconds then back to standby 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Keith55

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the TV box issue and I do want to help you get this resolved. Just going through a fault diagnosis as hopefully we can fix remotely, do you have an error message on your screen at all currently? 

If not, are there are any lights showing on the box, if so, what colour please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

@Keith55 wrote:

Box will not switch on orange light only tried switching unit off completely for a minute plus socket switch, light goes white for a few seconds then back to standby 

White is on, red is standby, amber / orange is starting up, are you sure the TV input is selected for the 360, if it is you would see the virgin welcome screen when the box is powered up.

Sometimes the welcome sign comes on only for a few seconds then goes off, orange light on box and no signal on tv. 

roy247
Community elder

I assume you only have the one box so can't swap with another. Sounds like a faulty box if its freezing with an orange light, I think it would get further than that if it wasn't and give you an error message if you had no coax connection or internet. You will need to check both these connections as I am sure you will be asked to so they can try and check the box from their end, if its stuck on boot up then they won't be able to see it.

You can either phone 150 and speak to someone or wait for the forum team to pick this up.

We have internet that’s working okay, able to watch now tv but no virgin tv internet with virgin also only one box and no error messages 

We noticed a couple of weeks ago recordings would start okay but cut off after 5 to 10 minutes, like the box switched off, was trying different recording then this happened box will not switch on

roy247
Community elder

Sounds more and more like a faulty box to me, you need to call 150 from a Virgin phone or wait for the forum team, sometimes a call is quicker.

Hi Keith55

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the TV box issue and I do want to help you get this resolved. Just going through a fault diagnosis as hopefully we can fix remotely, do you have an error message on your screen at all currently? 

If not, are there are any lights showing on the box, if so, what colour please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No error messages and light on box is orange. Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us

It'll need a technician visit from further checks ran.

I'll PM you now to assist

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team