cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 360 deleted ALL RECORDINGS and removed ALL FUTURE SERIES/RECORDING LIST!!!

hels-bels
Joining in

So been away this weekend so not used the tv and come home to find all my recordings have gone. Also all the future recording i had done e.g. series links etc have disappeared too.

There has been no problem with my electricity whilst away as i have a doorbell that would have let me know if the electricity had gone off.

All was fine friday morning before i went away 

Any ideas? And can i get them back? I havnt a clue what recording i hadnt watched yet and when i upgraded to the 360 it took me over 30 mins to set up series links etc etc and now they gone  too!!!!! What is going on???

To say im angry is an understatement. Since i was upgraded to the 360 its has been so disappointing and wish id never done it now. I found out last week when the internet goes down u cant even watch tv like you could with the old boxes. So not only do u lose the internet u also lose tv too including the 'free' terrestrial channels.

Not a happy customer AT ALL.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hels-bels wrote:

I found out last week when the internet goes down u cant even watch tv like you could with the old boxes. So not only do u lose the internet u also lose tv too including the 'free' terrestrial channels.

I'm not sure where you've found that out, but it's not true. Live TV doesn't use the internet, regardless of which VM box you have. Streaming uses the internet, but that's another thing.

I presume you've tried restarting your 360 to make sure it's not just having a "funny five minutes" (technical term)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My old boxes were completely fine to watch tv channels when the internet was down but the new 360 doesnt work when no internet.  I tested it when internet was working again the next day and unplugged the internet and i couldnt get any channels at all including itv, bbc, channel 4 and 5. It came up cannot show channel please check internet. It was a suprise to be honest as never been like it before

I can confirm that Japitts is correct in stating that you can watch live tv on the 360 Box when the Internet is not working.

When my Internet has stopped working on the odd occasion or I have had to reboot my Hub, I have had no problem watching live TV on my 360 Box.

The message you are getting is that your box is not connected to the Internet and gives you a couple of options.

Scroll down to Close and press OK and you will get your Live TV back.

hels-bels
Joining in

Any ideas why i have lost ALL my recordings and future recordings/series links?

They have also disappeared from the app too. Its like iv never recorded anything or set a future recording 😡

Hi hels-bels, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the recordings, can you confirm if this issue is still there?. Have you been able to set any new recordings? ^Chris 

Yup problem is still there. All my previous recordings and future planned recordings have disappeared as though never been done. 

I can make new recordings etc and so far havnt disappeared. 

I spoke to someone who tried to fix it but couldnt find a way of getting them back. But aparently since Sunday there is a problem in the area that is estimated to be fixed 27th November. So chance it could happen again i suppose 

I regret getting the 360 upgrade to be honest. Yes some bits are really good but not worth all the hassle iv had since upgrading few months ago.

So if anyone is thinking about it, id wait  haha 😄 . Too many teething problems 

Happened to me twice in my first few weeks of 360 "upgrade". Lost recordings and planned recordings. No solution other than to rebuild my planned recordings and find duplicates of my lost recordings via Iplayer etc. The box has been behaving it self since and the problem hasn't recurred. Yet....