cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 360 boxes

Wilfred1
On our wavelength

I have 2 boxes, both were originally V6 that were upgraded to TV360, one was recently exchanged for TV360 Horizon box. The new one has not upgrade to 4.44 but the  older box has. Can I do anything myself or will it upgrade itself eventually. Although these upgrades don't seem to do much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wilfred1 

The updates are usually downloaded overnight but can sometimes remain on the box for 3 or 4 days before it actually installs.

Sometimes rebooting the 360 will force the update through.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

@Wilfred1 wrote:

I have 2 boxes, both were originally V6 that were upgraded to TV360, one was recently exchanged for TV360 Horizon box. The new one has not upgrade to 4.44 but the  older box has. Can I do anything myself or will it upgrade itself eventually. Although these upgrades don't seem to do much

When you say it was changed for a TV360 Horizon box do mean it's been swapped for a mini box or does it still have a hard drive. A converted V6 to 360 box is just the same as a 360 box.

If you got the replacement box after you got the 4.44 upgrade you may be able to get the update if you do a factory reset, there is no "update to latest" option.

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If it's a mini box you won't have any options as there is no hard drive.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wilfred1 

The updates are usually downloaded overnight but can sometimes remain on the box for 3 or 4 days before it actually installs.

Sometimes rebooting the 360 will force the update through.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wilfred1, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you in the Community. 

As mentioned on the board already, if the update is available to you then sometimes a reboot can help force it through but otherwise it's just a case of being patient. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs