cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv 360 box issue

John1194
Joining in

So I got my virgin internet and tv sorted on the 25-6-21 and within hours already having problems recording. First it would play the thing I recored then stop with an error code and also catch up won’t work with yet another payback error. I was warned about virgin but I couldn’t pass the deal I got the broadband is fantastic but the tv is such a let down and annoying the hell out of me. I have already done a factory reset to sort it working for a day now it’s failing to load program pics up in the guide and on catch up and also again won’t play catch up or on demand! Trying to get in touch with virgin but having no joy and I haven’t even had it longer than a weekend 

43 REPLIES 43

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly I'm assuming, but you've not mentioned either way, is your live TV ok? That's a good starting point.

@John1194 wrote:

So I got my virgin internet and tv sorted on the 25-6-21 and within hours already having problems recording. First it would play the thing I recored then stop with an error code and also catch up won’t work with yet another payback error.

And the error codes are?....

Second question - how many 360 boxes do you have, and if it's more than one, is this happening on the main or any minis?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The program pics missing is symptomatic of lost internet access on TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ooh, I missed that reference - good spot @Ernie_C 

Indeed - the 360 gets its internet connection from your homehub, this provides access to OnDemand, streaming, TV Guide updates and - in this case - graphics and "interactive" type content.

I would therefore strongly suspect your 360's connection to your homehub has got lost. Is it connected by WiFi or Ethernet cable? Follow Settings > Network > Diagnostics to check your box's internet connection.

Live tv is fine I can’t remember the error codes off the top of my head as I’m not home at the moment. After resetting the box it worked for a day then this morning catch up and recordings stopped working, as I recored the ufc during the night and it played around 20 seconds of it then froze I only have the one box in the house it’s the maxit tv 360 box 

It is also connected via cable so no WiFi so far I haven’t had any drop outs with the WiFi there hasn’t been a problem with that if anything the speeds and connection has been great compared to what I did have 

Hi @John1194,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your TV service recently. In the first instance, I would advise first checking our Service Status page to see if there are any known area impacting faults being reported there. If you've checked this in the past then I would advise checking again as this would be updated as and when we have more information.

If nothing is being reported there and the issues are ongoing then it'd be great to know what the error code(s) you're seeing is if you're able to confirm?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yeah I came home from work today turned on the tv and got the same problem. Honestly it’s not a good start since I only got it installed on the weekend the error code for playback is CS2518 and I’m told to contact virgin also still getting to issue with no imagines been showing on catch up that’s when I know it’s not going to work. 

When I click on catch up there blank and I can also see what’s currently playing on the tv. I am connected via Ethernet cable and haven’t had any problems with broadband or WiFi it’s just the tv 360 box.

Im also having issues with the remote not been able to control the volume my mam and dad have the same tv with virgin and they have no problems at all 

Some help would be appreciated as I’m starting to lose my patience. 

Hi @John1194,

Thank you for checking and confirming for us. It's very helpful.

Are any other services also affected, such as your broadband or landline, or is it only TV that you're having problems with?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I don’t have a phone, broadband seems to be working completely fine range isn’t the best but apart from that it’s fine. Also having problems with recordings the 1st recording I did failed and I recored something last night and it sometimes it skipped parts, only seconds but enough to notice