cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to upgrade v6 box to 360

WeeClare
Up to speed

Got sent my two new remotes to upgrade my existing v6 box to the new 360. Went to install. All looking good but failed and getting error code MA1/4/40. Went back to try again but won't let me and code still there. Hoping to install without phoning virgin. Have two boxes. Other one just says that installation has been activated on other box box. Have rebooted everything. Still the same. Any help? Tia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

casbar
Dialled in

Just upgraded mine, had the same error, install failed. So switched off my V6 box, left it for 30 secs, switched it back on and as it was rebooting it started a software update. Did its stuff, had to use the V6 control to power up the box and it just updated itself and all is good. Everything is working ok. Good luck

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

casbar
Dialled in

Just upgraded mine, had the same error, install failed. So switched off my V6 box, left it for 30 secs, switched it back on and as it was rebooting it started a software update. Did its stuff, had to use the V6 control to power up the box and it just updated itself and all is good. Everything is working ok. Good luck

Hi. Thanks. Did a reboot. Will try again. 

Box has been off for a few hours. Still getting error code. Probably need to phone virgin unless anyone else can help. Thanks.

Phoned virgin and they said there is a problem in my area but should be ok by 3pm tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks all.

Hi WeeClare,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you were facing issues with your ATV Box which looks like may have been down to an area issue, how are things now?

Regards

Paul.

All upgraded now, thanks. Just trying to get used to it. Miss my mini guide where I could check what was in other channels and still have big picture.  Miss wishlists, miss yellow button to take you to plus one channel. All in all ok.  I'll get used to it. Bit different. No auto recording of recommendations but does recommended stuff.