cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to book an engineer fot TV360 Setup for a month

mkalaora
Joining in

Broadband box (installed by a Virgin engineer 1.5 years ago) is in a separate place than my TV and the TV 360 box I've been sent a month ago do not include all the necessary components I need to start the service. I've been trying to book an engineer, but the web site and the mobiel app is simply useless, and the multiple phone calls take hours and take me nowhere. What does it take to book an engineer for installation? And why are you charging me for a service that your customer has not been able to receive yet???  

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should only be charged from the point when a particular service is activated.

If you're getting nowhere with the phonelines, VM staff should be along on here in a day or so and should be able to arrange your manned engineer install for you. Have you tried the pre-install team on 0800 0521734

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mkalaora,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had trying to get your box installed, I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have been able to speak to the team and get an manned appointment booked in to install your 360 box. Have they advised, why you have been charged for a service that hasn't been activated?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

1) I have received no answers in regards to why I have been charged for a service before it was activated. I've also filed a complaint about it and haven't received any reply.

2) An engineer finally came today, but unfortunately couldn't install the TV box due to "internal wiring being not compatible with Virgin". So he took the TV box and cables back.

I've added the TV service on top of my broadband service and committed to an 18-month period - so I am not sure what I need to do at this point.  

Hi mkalaora,

Thanks for getting back to us,

So I can get a few details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm