cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo360 keeps freezing then rebooting

Kentrainbuff
Dialled in

My Tivo360 main box has started freezing when either viewing live TV, Youtube or a recorded programme. It then ignores remote commands except power standby which causes it to reboot. It can take ages to come back and may flah up "Please Wait" and Virgin logo several times before settling down again. 

Anything I can do or is it a case of ringing 150 and getting an engineer or replacement box? Will we also need to swap Tivo360 slave box which does not suffer problem except for when playing recordings from the main box.

Does Virgin know about this type of problem?

22 REPLIES 22

Tom

Thanks for that. I did move it to Thurs as wife has conf call tomorrow and I did not want risk of broadband interruption.

I hope I will not be charged for his visit as I am sure it will not play up when he is here.

I phoned 150 last night in exasperation as it screwed up 3 times watching prerecordings from the hard disc. Each time without warning it froze, ignored remote then eventually reboot. Whilst this is an annoying viewing experience but it also screws up recordings going on in the background.

The guy on the phone was going to see if he could get me two Master TV360 boxes instead of Master/slave as I currently have so I have two units capable of holding recordings although he could not answer the question can one play recordings from the other like TV6 boxes can.

Sadly he never rang back today so I guess he washed his hands of me today

Regards

Ken

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kentrainbuff wrote:

The guy on the phone was going to see if he could get me two Master TV360 boxes instead of Master/slave as I currently have so I have two units capable of holding recordings although he could not answer the question can one play recordings from the other like TV6 boxes can.

AFAIK this option is only available to converted V6's. New installs to 360 have one master, and subsequent minis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Kentrainbuff wrote:

Clearly the the guy on the phone doesn't know what he's talking about. Once you took the unfortunate path of upgrading to 360 and replaced your 2 V6 boxes with 360 boxes unless you fell into the window when it looks like they had a shortage of mini boxes so you got 2 360 main boxes then you are stuck with a main box and mini, they will not replace the mini with a main box. If you had software upgraded V6 boxes then you should have your boxes replaced like for like.

Also he should know that on 360 if you do have 2 boxes with hard drives, it could be 2 V6 boxes upgraded to 360 you can watch recordings from one box to the other box.

Was it the off shore call centre you spoke to by any chance.

He sounded Scottish although if they get independance I guess north of the border might be considered offshore

In that case the product training seems to be bad home and away or were we just trying to be too helpful on one hand and not knowledgeable on the other.

Let's see if someone turns up with 2 boxes.

So the engineer turned, took one look at the tivo 360 master box, indicated this was a very early box and promptly swapped it.

Hopefully that has solved the freezing and rebooting problem.

However he did not change the slave unit. In trying to re-establish all our planned series recordings i have found whilst i can set them up on the new master box the slave unit will not respond to the Record button on the handset and i cannot select to record a programme from the programme info page. The Record choice is underlined red but pressing OK achieves nothing. The light on the box flickers to indicate it is getting a command, it just ignores it.

So I am potentially only half fixed.

Ken

Is the new box on the same version software as the mini box, settings, info, about will tell you software and hardware version's.

New Main box is an Arris-MPA+ on build 4.33 App version 61-2021060.

SW DCX960-MON-PRD-00.02-117-FO-AL-202106022210000-NA004

Slave box which is the original is Humax-EUS1008C-V001

BUILD 4.34

SW EOS1008C-MON-PRD-00.02-120-FK-AL-20210707210000-NA001

BOTH REMOTES ARE STACK 660292  VER 463684

I rang 150 to report the problem.

Fact:

Worked fine on old Humax Main box and Humax Mini

Now with Humax Mini and Arris Main I suddenly get the problem i cannot set Record.

150 have said it is a known problem and will be fixed sometime but no timescale.

Needless to say i am far from happy. Feel like i have been fobbed off.

Lost functionality going twin V6 to V360 Main and Mini. Now have lost even more fixing a problem on my Main unit.

When and how is this going to be fixed and yes, i have tried rebooting the Mini.

Ken

You may need someone to download 4.34 to your replacement box, as your boxes were already updated to 4.34 the automatic update may not run again, you could try doing a factory reset to see if that upgrades it.

Tried factory reset on the new Main box but it is still 4.33

I found another Community message from someone else with identical problem after their Main box was replaced. 

That message line ended back in May/June without resolution so it does seem to be a known problem from some time ago which clearly has yet to be fixed.

What a poor reflection on Virgin customer service - get one problem fixed and we will give you another you did not have before and which we know about but have no fix for.

Maybe the 360 boxes need to be treated as a pair, replacement of one automatically means replacing the other with a pretested pairing.