cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo v6 your account is not setup correctly m63 error

tj1978
On our wavelength

Hi

I upgraded my account fron ultimate oomph to volt unlimited a week or so back after agreeing to renew my contract .

i received a quickstart pack in the post and have replaced my router with the new superhub 5. Works great and i am getting the increased internet speed.

however both my v6 boxes have come up with the error m63 “your account is not setup correctly. I know that this is due to the fact i have changed packages and i have called the support number 3 times and told it can take 5 days. It js been longer than that now and i am not receiving any of my premium channels as my tivo boxes are not updating to the 360 software.

please can a senior support tech help resolve this issue for me as i am tired of calling thebsupport number and not getting anywhere.

thanks

Tim Martin

15 REPLIES 15

tj1978
On our wavelength

Hi

the bigger box on ethernet reports a high speed internet connection when i run the diagnostics. I also tried wifi , same problem..

seems like it could be the box. Which i would be annoyed about as i only got it replaced today with an engineer visit 😞

Mini box is still playing a test on demand with out issue..

should i have been given two mini boxes or do you need a bigger one if you have multi room?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tj1978 wrote:

should i have been given two mini boxes or do you need a bigger one if you have multi room?

Multi-room is part of the issue, but it's also not the issue. All V6 have hard-drives and when converted, become TV360-masters. Only master boxes can record - mini-boxes just stream.

A TV360 master should be replaced with a TV360 master, but as long as you have one master box, all additional installs are minis.

So your engineer has effectively cut your HDD-storage by half.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tj1978
On our wavelength

Ok

i did ask him if the mini box had a hard disk when he replaced it as i was sceptical and he said yes..

not happy about that so i can only record now on one box.

however, the question remains why my bigger 360 box has issues with on demand and the mini doesnt ….

assuming my internet at both boxes is fine which i have no reason to beleive otherwise as on demand on my old v6 boxes used to work without issues for 8 years - is it a faulty master box?

tj1978
On our wavelength

*update*

thank you to the person who suggested a different ethernet port or network cable. It may potentially be the cause.:

i have taken the ethernet cable out of the port it was originally in (through a powerline adapter ) and directly connected it to a wifi booster  - following that ive so far managed 45 minutes of jurrasic park on demand without an error.

perhaps the powerline adapter that this main 360 box connected to is dropping packets or getting interference causing the playback to breifly blip enough for the stream to stop and  presenting the playback error.

i will test it a few days and post back with results.

thanks to everyone so far in the replies you have given

regards

Tim

tj1978
On our wavelength

just to let you all know that my on demand playback issue has been resolved by not using my powerline adapter which i had connected to my master 360 box.

oddly even though i can use the poweline adapter to stream video on my fire tv stick, for some reason the virgin box doesnt like it. 

I have connected the box directly to a synology wifi extender and its been running great.

Perhaps the powerline adapters where just not providing enough bandwidth for the video the virgin box produces with hd on demand content.

many thanks to al that helped and replied with suggestions

best regards

Tim

Thanks for the update @tj1978, and I'm pleased to hear this has now been resolved for you.

Do please return to the thread is this error re-emerges and our very helpful VIPs and staff will be on hand to assist you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn