cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo v6 your account is not setup correctly m63 error

tj1978
On our wavelength

Hi

I upgraded my account fron ultimate oomph to volt unlimited a week or so back after agreeing to renew my contract .

i received a quickstart pack in the post and have replaced my router with the new superhub 5. Works great and i am getting the increased internet speed.

however both my v6 boxes have come up with the error m63 “your account is not setup correctly. I know that this is due to the fact i have changed packages and i have called the support number 3 times and told it can take 5 days. It js been longer than that now and i am not receiving any of my premium channels as my tivo boxes are not updating to the 360 software.

please can a senior support tech help resolve this issue for me as i am tired of calling thebsupport number and not getting anywhere.

thanks

Tim Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you specifically request, or agree to, a conversion from V6 > TV360 at the same time as changing your package?

Or were you happy to retain your V6 software whilst changing package?

A package change does not necessitate a change of software. It is often done at the same time, but that is not compulsory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's be clear on something here - a package change is just that, a package change. Nothing more, nothing less. Did you also agree to, or request a change of your TV box software from V6 > TV360? Many people do it at the same time, but it doesn't mean you must.

On the basis that you did also request a conversion from V6 > TV360, have you received the new remotes as yet? You should have done so, before the conversion app appears on your V6 menu.

If you didn't request a conversion to TV360 and were happy to remain on V6, then something else will have caused this - although it's equally account related.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

tj1978
On our wavelength

Morning

yes the ultimate volt package included two new remotes to use with the new 360 software. 

the m63 error means i now have no connection to on demand, any of my premimum channels and there is no option to update my box.. 

Clearly there is an issue with my account ….

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you specifically request, or agree to, a conversion from V6 > TV360 at the same time as changing your package?

Or were you happy to retain your V6 software whilst changing package?

A package change does not necessitate a change of software. It is often done at the same time, but that is not compulsory.

tj1978
On our wavelength

Please can a senior virgin media support technician get in touch with me so that my account can be set up properly to allow me to get my v6 box upgraded .

because of this m63 error i am getting on my box i have been without my premimum channels and on demand for almost a week now 

when i go into the tivo system menu and choose diagnostics im told under authentication state “not valid”

thanks

Tim

Hi tj1978,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you've encountered an error code when trying to upgrade to our 360 service.

Remotely looking on the systems, we can see that you have already contacted the team and an engineer has been arranged for you to come and get this issue resolved.

Please can you keep us updated with how this goes.

Kind regards Jodi. 

tj1978
On our wavelength

Hi

i had an engineer visit today and he replaced both my boxes. One with a 360 mini and the other the larger box. Both had the new software installed.

the 360 mini box worked as soon as plugged in and the premium channels appeared fine. The larger box booted up but only showed freeview initially . I had to call virgin tech support and told me the bigger box had some missing “codes” on there which he added and after a reboot the box now also shows my premium channels.

So its better than before BUT

however on playing on demand content there still seems to be major instability. 

hunt for red october errored with a message playback not posible at the moment. I then chose something else, jurrasic park , which played for 5 minutes and then errored with playback not possible..

i am currently 15 minutes into the lost world jurrassic park and have just received a playback not possible error…

im getting a bit upset now with this , it seems to be one thing after the other..

is there currently a wider issue with on demand services at the moment?

kind regards

Tim

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tim,

To check for any known issues you should look at Check service status at the top of the page. You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

There should be an error message beginning CS when you have issues.

If you go to <<< This page >>>  yuo should be able to search for the error code and see what is causing the issue

Are the On Demand Issues on the main box or the mini box?

Do you have any problems with the apps and Catch Up services?

Are your boxes connected by wifi or ethernet cable?

What do the boxes say under Settings > System > Diagnostics?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

tj1978
On our wavelength

Hi Thanks for replying

Checked the service status page and also called- and no issues reported in my area for any services .

both my boxes are connected by ethernet.

ive just tried an on demand title on the mini box and so far its played for 20 minutes without issue..

looks like its potentially the bigger box thats got the issue with the on demand. - i have run diagnostics on the box and it detects ethernet and connects to internet, gets an ip address… i can try wifi on the bigger box just to see if it makes any difference?

kind regards

Tim

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Tim,

You could try a different ethernet cable and/or port to see if that makes any difference.

Also since the mini box appears to be ok so far (touch wood) swap the boxes around to see if the fault follows the main box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali