cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box won't go on white light, permanently on red. I can still watch telly but remote keeps skipping

Iacovej2
Joining in

I have rebooted it again and again. It then allows me to watch telly but the remote keeps skipping. So if I try and select an app - like Youtube or Netflix - it skips and it takes ages to select what I want. I have removed and replaced the batteries in my remote but it doesn't make any difference. Usually, when the red light is on I can't even watch anything so I am utterly nonplussed (sorry I just corrected my previous post "when the red light is on I cannot watch anything" not "can") I have had Virgin for years and this has never happened so I am utterly nonplussed. 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Iacovej2,

Thank you for your pots and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you appear to be facing some issues with your TV box and TV remote at the moment. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can investigate and assist you further. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach. Like I say it is really odd because, although I cannot get the Tivo to go onto the white light (only ever on red), I can still watch TV and use my apps. The problem is now the remote which skips all the time. In the past, when the Tivo box was on a red light, I don't think I could use it at all. So any help will be welcome.

Hi @Iacovej2

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Can you confirm, is this your V6 that's doing this? 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes. That's right. It's the V6 box

Hi Iacovej2,

I can see my colleague sent you a private message on Tuesday- if you can respond to this he'll be able to assist further.

Alex_Rm