cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo/360 box slow to switch on

AndrewG161
Joining in

We have Virgin 360 service and remote but run through a Tivo box upgraded when we renewed contract. Service works well but the Tivo switches off automatically instead of sitting on standby (this maybe a deliberate energy saving policy) and very slow / difficult to switch on with remote when turning TV back on. Anyone else experience this or able to suggest a fix?  - many thanks - Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi AndrewG161,

Sounds like the box is set to Eco mode, you can you check what the box power setting is, press the Home button and go to Settings (cog on the right) System > Standby power consumption.

You have 3 choices, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start, if it's set to Eco start set it to Fast Start or Active Start.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi AndrewG161,

Sounds like the box is set to Eco mode, you can you check what the box power setting is, press the Home button and go to Settings (cog on the right) System > Standby power consumption.

You have 3 choices, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start, if it's set to Eco start set it to Fast Start or Active Start.

much appreciated - thank you

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndrewG161 wrote:

We have Virgin 360 service and remote but run through a Tivo box upgraded when we renewed contract

Just a small thing by means of terminology... you don't have a "360 service through a TiVo box", that's a bit like saying you have a Windows 11 laptop running through Windows 10"

TiVo refers to the software that is completely different to TV360. When you converted your V6 to a TV360 it stopped being a V6.

Getting your issue sorted is the main thing, just something to point out should you need to post on here again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you - if I had that level of technical understanding I'd probably be able to make the remote work but appreciate the correction 🙂 

Hi Andrew,

I assume you are having problems pairing the remote to your TV, what's not working.

No it's paired fine but the setting was way too slow but sorted now thanks to previous advice - many thanks all the same