cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo to 360 remote

Johns86
Joining in

Virgin sent me 2 remotes to upgrade to 360

error message MA1/4/40 appears and upgrades failed. Rang Virgin and was like talking to a brick wall! And not resolved.

i have 2 boxes 

any help would be great?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

i Hi @Johns86 

A Tivo box can't be upgraded to a 360 - it needs to be swapped out to a new box.

If you have a V6 box (which runs on the Tivo interface) then it can be upgraded to a 360.

Error MA1/4/40 is due to a migration issue.

Sometimes this is resolved by waiting a couple of hours.

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

If that doesn't work it's probably a settings issue at the VM end. The software upgrade has been started but the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to activate the box. 

The Faults team may be able to fix this, if not they will escalate it to 2nd level support to fix it over the phone by sending a new update signal.

If that also fails it will need an engineer visit to change the box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Johns86,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you faced some issues upgrading to 360 TV recently. If the issue remains and @newapollo's tips haven't helped, please let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!